BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Polygon operations

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there someone willing to show an example of use of the "polyoperations" functions?
Please!!!
I can't find my way in using this function.
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
The array it is supposed to take in is based on a three dimesnional input, the third dimension being the arc.
Of course it is a 2d polygon, the notion of polygon being defined by points in the same plane.
So imo it is a bug.

This is how the macro is introduced:

600:
! ==============================================================================
! Calculate polygon area
! ==============================================================================
! Input:
! srcPolygon1: input source of polygon 1 (INPUT_NO, INPUT_FROM_PARAMETER, INPUT_FROM_GDL_STACK)
! polygon1: input polygon 1
! srcPolygon2: input source of polygon 2 (INPUT_NO, INPUT_FROM_PARAMETER, INPUT_FROM_GDL_STACK)
! polygon2: input polygon 2
! result: output result (OUTPUT_TO_PARAMETER, OUTPUT_TO_GDL_STACK)
! GDL stack: coordX[1], coordY[1], arc[1], ...
!
! Output:
! area: area of polygon
! GDL stack: [1]: area of polygon
! Remarks:
! The input polygon must have closed
regards,
O
Pertti Paasky
Expert
With the polygonoperations you can define polygon 1:

"PREPAREFUNCTION ch, "Store", "poly1", nVertices1, nContours1, vertArr1, contArr1,
defaultInhEdgeInfo, inhEdgeInfos1

Is it possible to use this information in another object in the same project?
- AC-24 FIN - WIN 10 - HP Zbook -
“A winner is just a loser who tried one more time.”
George M. Moore, Jr.
Hmooslechner
Rockstar

Are there any now functioning examples for the "polygon-operations-addin" for GDL to download here somewhere?

i tried to get a "profile-manager-profile" for working as a path for a Window-Opening and want to get this Path-Polygone smaller as a frame in the polygone and have to polygone-operate this path smaller.

The old link down in this task is erroring 404... file not found..

https://graphisoft.com/support/developer/downloads/

What i trie to do: 

here is my link to my Testfile:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ku1pu4eook36i9a/Freiformfenster%20mit%202%20Profilen.pln?dl=0 

AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia
Learn and get certified!