Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Need someone to render for me please

Anonymous
Not applicable
I desparate need a help. It seems that the project i have made is two much big for any pc in my town. My configuration is at my signature, and it is simply rediciolous.
I have paid a great deal of money to some guy today, wich has the best pc in my town (Dual Core 2x2.4 GHz AMD Athlon, 4GB RAM, Ge Force 7600 GS, Windows 7) and it seems that this pc is also to poor for my project.

Is there anyone, with some nice pc configuration willing to help me, that is willing to render 16 images of my project, at the Lightworks engine?

I need 8 images of the location (far view, for urbanism), and 8 close views of the objects on the location.

Here is the .pla file (118MB).

If there is any good samaritan to help me, i would be more than grateful.

Humbly grategul.

P.S.

Layer combination is already set to the "trotoar". Just turn the 3d perspective and render.

If you experience slowdown when rendering, turn off the "fontana_kapljice" layer (it`s the fontain water drops, and they make a huge slowdown).
17 REPLIES 17
nedostizni wrote:
I desparate need a help. It seems that the project i have made is two much big for any pc in my town. My configuration is at my signature, and it is simply rediciolous.
I have paid a great deal of money to some guy today, wich has the best pc in my town (Dual Core 2x2.4 GHz AMD Athlon, 4GB RAM, Ge Force 7600 GS, Windows 7) and it seems that this pc is also to poor for my project.

Is there anyone, with some nice pc configuration willing to help me, that is willing to render 16 images of my project, at the Lightworks engine?

I need 8 images of the location (far view, for urbanism), and 8 close views of the objects on the location.

Do you mean like these?
Second _view
Third......
Untitled_3.jpg
............and another......
Untitled_4.jpg
Last one.....

I only did these 5 because I don't know which specific views you wanted. You should learn how to save views and viewpoints from the 3D window in ArchiCAD so that it's easy to access them later on. Either that or next time it might be better to post a screen-capture of the views you want to render. If other people are unable to help you with the remaining views, I might do them later on if you post the screens or views.

The reason you can't render it on your machine is because you had a lot of heavy,...and I mean HEAVY objects (Polygon-wise) most specifically the Trees, the people and the worst offenders, the water fountains (frankly speaking I don't know, how this particular gdl object is useful at all).
I have no idea how you were even able to work at all in ArchiCAD let alone render with all the geometry you had in that file and with your machine (512MB of RAM??? Do they still make those?). Considering the fact that ArchiCAD had a hard time handling the file ( as I would imagine it was in your computer), it's highly unlikely that you could get it to render in Lightworks with all that stiff.

Consequently I got rid of all that stuff to allow my to export it to 3DS Max, which can handle heavy geometry better than ArchiCAD can (to a limit, obviously), and then replaced them with Vray proxies of the Trees and people. But normally if you have a slow computer it.s better just to use billboards (2D bitmaps of the trees and people) which are easier on the computer and easy to work with. But of course with them you can't do overhead views.

Next time try to be economical with your modeling if you intend to render it and limit the heavy geometry which slows down ArchiCAD, and sometimes gives a lot of errors (like the library errors you were getting), and worst of all make it difficult, if not impossible to export the model to render it in another program that can handle high geometry files.

I hope this helps.
Have a Merry Christmas.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice work Clarence. Good of you to pick up the ball on this one. Seems like Ned owes you a šljivovica or two.
Rakela Raul
Participant
super nice BC !! and really quick also.
seasons greet'g guys !!
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
AMAZING !!!

I do own you a šljivovica.
Bricklyne fantastic images! Fantastic Rendering! Thank you, thank you, thank you. I will return the favor to you some day.

Ok, just to make it clear - you have just removed all the trees and people from the .pln file (not buses?) and exported it to 3ds max format file, then loaded it to the 3DS max and then what? I haven`t understood you this part:
replaced them with Vray proxies of the Trees and people
Thanks once again. Here is what i have got using the Lightworks (setting set up to a approximetly medium). I removed the people, and also removed all the unnecessary trees left and right of the sceen that i am rendering (the ones that are not seen it the current view):

1 2 3 4 5 6 (first two images at the section 6 were done with Internal engine, as my pc was to weak to make a Lightworks render of the whole location)