Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Joints

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

Imagine a straight wall made up of a set of panels (wall portions) of the same material. I'm able to keep the joints in the plan view by setting its layer intersection group to 0. How can I keep viewing the joints (or outlines of each element) in sections, elevations and 3D views?

Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
Erich
Contributor
Since elements that share a material will heal, you need to make an identical copy of your material (but with a different name) and use it for alternate panels.

HTH
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Erich,

Does this mean that to read the joints of, just as an example, a box made of MDF boards (walls and slabs) i have to do duplicate the material and rename it? (in this case i should duplicate it twice since the slabs should be different from the walls!)
Erich
Contributor
If you are modeling individual boards and do not have a gap between them then the answer is yes.

If you do not need the individual boards modeled then perhaps you can accomplish your need with a texture instead. However, this would not work for your box example.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erich,

You've made it clear. This is the same kind of behavior Archicad has with fills, isn't it? Even if certain things are built with individual elements made from the same material, it automatically joins these elements in sections not giving you the chance to clearly understand the configuration (section) of each individual element. The workaround is to duplicate and rename the fill so i can get the section outline of each element. The problem will always be reflected in the maps/quantities where you have several materials when in fact it's just one.
There should be an option regarding elements instead of making up different names for the same material, don't you think?

Thank you very much

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!