BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Synchro

Is this what happened to Constructor ?

http://www.synchroltd.com/

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Matthew wrote:
Miguel, you're giving away all our secrets 😉
Yeah, so is Michael Schumacher when he talks about driving ... 😉
VVVRRRROOOOMMMMM!!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
Would you care to elaborate on 'all right' and 'good'?
What worked and didn't work well and why?
Sorry for the delay, all that stuff about eggnog and not...

As I have signed an NDA about those works, so unfortunately I can not really get into details for now.

The new Vico Office is very different from the former VICO suite, which included a modeler (Constructor).

Now you import the model into VICO and do all the linking there. It is a very graphical interface, where you can do a lot of interesting things:
- Assign resources to elements, filtered by id's or layers.
- Assign resources manually to specific elements, or even specific surfaces of elements (imagine a Zone that has different wall finishes).
- Alter one modeling tool into another (for instance, model it with zones, transform them into slabs).
-Highlight and filter elements.

This is done with a 3d model, on a window very much like Solibri's.

I am guessing that this could be really a new way for us designers to extract quantities (besides ArchiCAD's schedules and Cigraph's ArchiQuant).

We imported the architecture of the Hospital into VICO (2200 rooms) with doors, windows, walls and zones, and it was ok, fast to import, and quick on it's feet to do the linking. Will see what happens with all the data from MEP though, which will be modeled with ArchiCAD as an independent model (or more than one model).

VICO is Windows only, but from what I have seen (I am not the one doing the linking, just the modeling) this is being done on laptops, so there are no supercomputers behind it.

My guess is, if your computer can model it, then it will handle the model in VICO easily.

There are a lot of interesting considerations you have to take into account when modeling, not only to minimize the file (simplifying geometry, splitting models) but also to make the linking easier and more fail safe.

These seem to me as being really the secret ingredient: Organization. Modeling for construction is VERY different from modeling for design documentation, as I have been learning (sometimes the hard way).
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!