Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ZONE AREA'S

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'VE BEEN CALCULATING THE AREA OF ROOMS BASED ON THE ZONE STAMPS...BUT I JUST REALIZED THAT IF I STRETCH A ZONE TO FIT A ROOM THAT MIGHT HAVE CHANGED SIZE, THE AREA ON THE ZONE STAMP DOES NOT CHANGE..GIVING ME THE WRONG SQUARE FOOTAGE. IS THERE A WAY TO MAKE SURE ALL THE AREA NOTES ON THE ZONE STAMP UPDATE WHEN I RESIZE THE ZONE?
19 REPLIES 19
Erika Epstein
Booster
"R.A.I." are you referring to the the Zone Reduction Area under the roof? If so, it reflects the settings in Working Units.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is the field in Project Preferences (in Working Units as Erika said) that controls it.
See attached image.
AngleTextDecimalsInDialogBoxes.png
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
i have inserted in box "Decimali Angolo e Dimensione Testo nei dialoghi" the number 3, but in the Zone Room, the decimanl number of "R.A.I." is 0,09... I thought it became 0,090.....

it looks under at the image to understand...

thanks for the attention and excuse me for possible errors of language

Fabio

edit : "RAI" = "surface windows : surface room "
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Fabio:

I think the setting you are looking for is under Project Preferences > Dimensions > Zone units.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
Zone-Proj-Pref-Dims.gif
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone
I would like to extend the conversation about the zone stamp of data management.
Seeking a way to automatically update the zone height. Would anyone can advise how to automatically adjust the heights of all zones to room heigh?
Erika Epstein
Booster
If you are asking is there a away to insert a zone and have it automatically read the height of the space it is in, there is no setting for this.

You must set the height manually or trim the top or the zone using trim

Design>trim zone
or trim it with SEO.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

New to the forum.
I am starting to work with zones and I have activated my finish floor level in the stamp.

Even though the zones I create are linked to different stories. The floor finish level always appears as +0 ay clues as to why this might be ?
Lingwisyer
Guru
Emiliano wrote:
Even though the zones I create are linked to different stories. The floor finish level always appears as +0 ay clues as to why this might be ?

From memory, that level only relates to the structural slab and cannot be used to reference a datum... You can instead use the Classifications and Properties content option to show Elevation to Sea Level if that was what you were looking for.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ling,

Can you please elaborate on how to use the Classifications and Properties content ?
My finish floor level is say + 20,000 above sea level and that is what I want to display
Lingwisyer
Guru
In the Properties Manager, add a String Type property to the Zone listing. The value is:

CONCAT ( STRCALCUNIT ( {Property:General Parameters/Elevation to Sea Level} / 1000 ), " m" )

You can then add this under your zones Settings: Classifications and Properties... tab.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660