Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Cabinet GDL Question

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am attempting to customize the standard cabinets in the ArchiCad Library to function the way we would like them to. I have been able to edit the original part to accomplish 99% of what I needed to do, but I am stuck on one thing:

It seems to me the only way to display/not display knobs on the drawer(s) is to change the selection for the sink ("None" to display the knobs, Any other type to not display the knobs).

Is there a way to set up a boolean that will change the selection for the 'gs_sink_type'?

This is what I have right now:
IF sink_base THEN
gs_sink_type=`Style 2`
ENDIF

Thanks,
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
jbissaillon,

Does the AC13 cabinet library not have this parameter or is it not what you are looking for?

Edit: This an AC12 Cabinet. AC11 cabs have a similar option.

Doug
Anonymous
Not applicable
No, that's what you're looking for. You'll have to look thru the script. It calls several macros. Something is telling the cabinet script not to display the knob if there is a sink present.

Doug
Anonymous
Not applicable
4thorns,

It does have this parameter. What I could not figure out is where/how the script was telling the cabinet not to display the knob if a sink were present.

I guess my question is:
- As far as I can tell (I'm no gdl guru) the knob for the drawer is controlled by a macro. Can anyone with more experience confirm this?
- And if thats the case, is there a way to control or manipulate the result of a macro with another parameter?

Thanks,
Anonymous
Not applicable
4thorns,

Thank You. I went back into the script and found where it called the drawers, changed the IF statement from sink_type to the Boolean parameter I created and worked great.

I was trying to control the sink in order to control the drawer instead of just controlling the drawer.