BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

printing issue and Publisher driver

Anonymous
Not applicable
i've had particular problems with one v12 project file where publishing the layouts to pdf results in approximately 2 - 3 cm of the right hand side of the drawing being 'trimmed' (i.e. half to titleblock and legends cut off).

it would make sense that there's an incorrect setting relating to page margins, but despite looking everywhere i can think of, settings appear correct but problem keeps occurring. as a short term workaround i've been printing to a A0 size pdf page and then cropping it in bluebeam.

the strange aspect is that, despite the cut-off, publishing two layouts to a combined pdf takes approx. 15 seconds and results in a 6.5Mb file (which considering the amount of 2d/fill content is reasonable). If i try and print the layouts individually, the process can take literally hours (i left it going overnight a couple of times) and result in file sizes in the 100s of Mb. This using both the amyuni driver and blubeam driver that we have installed. stranger still.

today i opened the file in v13, with no further adjustments to settings and it published perfectly (no cut-offs, quickly, reasonable file size) while still having same issues if i try printing printing.

i have two questions: 1) is it possible to specify an alternative pdf driver to the Publisher (rather that the standard amyuni driver) and 2) any ideas what could be causing these issues?
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you checking the Arc Resolution, at PDF Options in the Document Options Window! If the resolution is high, just lower it a bit!
Learn and get certified!