Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Most compatible conflict checking program with ArchiCAD

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just started some research in searching for which "conflict-checking" program or add-on would be most compatible with ArchiCAD?

I've noticed that Solibri provides a conflict checking program for the IFC models in addition to its Solibri Model Viewer. I do not know much of this at the moment, but wanted to check in and see if anyone else has done any kind of "conflict-checking" with their ArchiCAD BIM model.

Thanks!
28 REPLIES 28
Erika Epstein
Booster
Matti,
Thanks for posting the directions.
Happy New Year Everyone
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Karl Ottenstein
Thanks for sharing your experience, Tom. That is pretty much as I imagined things would work, so it is good to hear.
Matti wrote:
One bad clash can be easily a worth of $6,000. It is reality that in the clash check with HVAC models you can find plenty of them.
I'm sure this is true for commercial projects, Matti. But the single-family residential market needs clash-lite, and model checking would be great there too. But, the small residential guy cannot justify $6,000.

Would be nice to have a Solibri-lite or NavisWorks-lite priced lower and limited to small models and limited rules. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
TomWaltz
Participant
Karl wrote:
Would be nice to have a Solibri-lite or NavisWorks-lite priced lower and limited to small models and limited rules. 😉
There are a few different versions of Navis: Manage, Simulate, and Review.

It's been a while since I looked at the differences and pricing, though. I have Manage, which is the full suite of everything.
Tom Waltz
JaredBanks
Mentor
Any new developments in the world of clash detection in the past few months, either within v14 or in the greater world?

If we can export to revit structural in v14, can the structural engineer then do the clash detection there? I don't know enough about that export process yet.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In AC, there is only the Clash Detection within MEP Modeler but that only detects clashes between MEP elements and other elements.
I don't know much about clash detection in Revit but I know the file exchange should work much better now with the IFC Translators and Revit Add-Ins.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Chadwick
Newcomer
Revit has something called interference check built into the program. You can select which categories you want to run the check on and between different projects that may be linked in (i.e. structural, MEP models, etc.)
RA 2012 x64, Piranesi 6 Pro, Sketchup 8, Windows 7 Pro x64, Intel Core i7, 10GB RAM, ATI Radeon Mobile 5870
Anonymous
Not applicable
All

Interesting discussion. It seems like it had been the philosophy that an external IFC checker is the way the world was going. Is this still the case or is graphisoft thinking of incorporating more calsh detection into AC as standard?

I'm trying to research how to implement true BIM in our office and need to report to the bosses on additional software and processes.

I've looked at solibri and found it far more intuitive, user friedly than Tekla BIMsight which always has loads of clashes and limited scope. As for navis i've not even been able to install the trial so already don't like it.
stefan
Expert
Solibri is currently one of the best model checking systems and works really well with ArchiCAD IFC files. I have used it extensively the last weeks with Revit files which are currently of decent quality.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
JaredBanks
Mentor
From everything I've heard this week down in Australia talking with BIM pros before, during, and after ArchiCON, Solibri is the answer.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome