Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Slow redraw while panning

Arcadia
Booster
I have just upgraded to V13 and at the same time upgraded my system. I have gone from a Core 2 duo 3.0ghz/3gig RAM/512mb nVidia/32bit/dual monitors to a Core i7-920 2.66ghz/9gig RAM/dual 512mb nvidia 9800GT cards/Win 7 64bit/triple monitors.

The results are that the 3D navigation is much better, I can run VBE without closing down other apps without it crashing, elevation and 3D views redraw quicker (about half the time roughly) but infuriatingly the 2D panning and redrawing is SLOWER! I have tried mucking around with the redraw options in the work environment to no avail. I have 8 cores and none of them max out when panning and my main screen which I have my AC window on is running from just one card (my other 2 screens run from the second card).

Any idea's what might be causing this?
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you have Trace/Reference on? That can slow down the 2D especially if the Reference has different view/layer settings.

9GB RAM? That seems unusual.
Arcadia
Booster
With trace reference on the panning is even worse. When I say it is bad I mean I often have to wait around 1 sec for the rebuild after I pan when I don't remember having to really wait at all on my old system.

Ram is 3x1G modules and 3X2G. Its not a RAM issue anyway.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you figured this out. It sounds very similar to my issue. I have to wait at least a second for many of my operations even some as simple as clicking a text box then a line then a text box again. The information pallet doesnt load quickly. Others in my office have lesser setups and dont have my problems. Its driving me to drink....

Claude
Arcadia
Booster
Yes I figured this out or rather a Graphisoft tech figured it out. It was a code issue with some 3rd party doors and windows that for some reason affected only 64bit systems. The supplier found the problem and reissued the library and its all sweet now. Your problem sounds like it is more than just a redraw issue but something else. Mine only affected speed of the redraw. Everything else worked normally. I would contact GS and get some help thats what they are there for.