BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

SEO Operation Subtraction Right or Left

Brad Elliott
Booster
With the SEO Subtraction with Upwards & Downwards extrusion we need a left or right extrusion. Or front or back. I need to be able to extract sideways to notch out an element.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
10 REPLIES 10
The problem will be ...to define left, right or whatever...
up and down defining is much easier.

Best Regards,
Piotr
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You would probably have to be able to define a vector and then the whole thing could be handled with one option.
I can imagine this could work similarly to a Texture Origin vector.
If you use this Extrude sideways option then you can define a 3D vector and the extrusion is executed in the direction of the vector. Later, you can freely redefine the vector which is saved with the SEO operation and the SEO cut updates accordingly.
Would be nice.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
I have voted essential as I think it would make the SEO tool quite a bit more flexible. I have had need of this function over the years and have had to achieve what I needed to get in work-arounds.
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Erich
Contributor
Of course this would only be a great and essential option if the changes were reflected in plan too. Otherwise what would the point be? If it is just affecting the 3D we can do this to some degree now with the right object the subtraction method and some creativity.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Well if Ralph Wessel can get the objects to show properly in plan when slliced, I am not sure why GS can't get it done. I think they should hire him. I have OBJECTiVE which I think is great but this should be part of ArchiCAD IMHO.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems this could be useful, but I just make the operator as large as needed to cut away whatever I want. I can't think of a case where this would not work. I suppose if the operator is a live model element and not hidden on the SEO layer...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, this could be useful! Nice idea!
owen
Newcomer
Essential .. both along a vector and plan representation.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not that I object to the idea, but could somebody give some practical examples that cannot be easily accomplished with the present tools?
Learn and get certified!