BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door Marker Glitch

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have found that in AC 13 that if I have my door marker ID Text Orientation (under marker settings>marker geometry) set to horizontal instead of standard the text becomes offset out of the marker. If I set it to standard, no problem. This only seems to be a problem with Door Marker 13, If I use Door Marker 11 it seems to be O.K.

Has any one else noticed this, and if so is there a fix?

I have attached a screen grab for reference
13 REPLIES 13
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Jeff:

Not seeing the problem here, you may need top post all of the marker settings for someone to diagnose the issue.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. I am attaching two screen grabs which show my marker settings.
Anonymous
Not applicable
As well as this one
Erika Epstein
Booster
I can't reproduce your problem, but I notice that under
Customize Texts> Marker Text
you have this set to Custom Text. Try switching this to ID Number

Also, check if you have some extra spaces in front of your ID.
HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
O.K. I have tried doing as you suggested, and still have the problem.

Oddly, this problem only seems to affect Door Marker 13.
See the attached jpeg to illustrate. The two doors are identical in every way except the top one uses Door Marker 13, and the bottom uses Door Marker 11. I guess I will just use door marker 11, but it seems weird to have to do this.
Thanks for the response.
Anonymous
Not applicable
One other quick note. I looked down at the responses and notice that I am using OS X 10.6 and the other two responders were using 10.5. FWIW.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Jeff:

Like Erika, I cannot reproduce your problem. You may be correct in suspecting OSX 10.6, as it has had issues with certain fonts and ArchiCAD. I assume you tried changing the font (although Arial is very common). Hopefully, the person at Graphisoft responsible for the Door Markers will see this and find a solution to be included in a library update, you may want to file a bug report.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Very-very interesting. Could you please send us a PLA containing only one door and marker you have the problem with? You can send it here or through technical support. I guess it would be the only way for us to get what you see.

Thanks!
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Would you please explain what you mean by PLA? And how would you like me to send it?
Learn and get certified!