Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

HOW TO IMPORT MATERIALS???

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a large file of materials that I want to add to ArchiCAD. How do I go about doing this? The Help menu offers no advice on importing materials. Here's what I've tried so far...

I've gone through the library manager and selected the folder that the textures are in, and I cannot seem to find them if I open the model materials box (see attachment).

I've gone through the attribute manager to the materials attribute manager box and tried to select the folder and import the materials, but that does not work.

I've also gone into the material settings dialog box and tried to select the folder there, but it seems to only want to select a single file, and I don't want to spend all day importing the materials one by one.

Please help with how to proceed... I know there's probably an easy quick way to do this.
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
The file format is .tif if that's of any concern.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know of any other way to import material-textures then by creating a new material and attach the texture. I guess you will have do it one by one. But once you have created these materials they are easy to share in your project by use of the attribute manager.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Master wrote:
I guess you will have do it one by one.
I seriously hope not.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
A texture must be assigned to a Material.
Masterscript is correct, There is no other way to go.
See, in ArchiCAD, texture is only one parameter of a Material definition so by loading a folder full of textures does not achieve much.
From this point of view, the title of the topic does not really communicate what you are trying to achieve because you do not want to import materials, you want textures to get automatically assigned to materials, if I understand it correctly.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, I may have incorrectly explained what I wanted.

I want to add a folder of textures to Archicad's stock folder of textures, so that when I open the wall tool, for example, I can assign a different texture to the wall.
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
because you do not want to import materials, you want textures to get automatically assigned to materials, if I understand it correctly.
See attachment. I want more of those.... can I do that by adding a folder of textures?
textures.jpg
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
No, you will have to duplicate material, rename it, set material attributes, assign the desired textures, one by one, unfortunately.
Once you do this you will be able to transfer these materials from one project to another with Attribute Manager.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding...
Anonymous
Not applicable
hello!
I imported the new materials as I wanted but when i do the renders they don't appear..Could anybody tell me why is this happening although they seem to me perfect before the rendering?Thank you in advance