Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Google 3D Warehouse objects show as wire frame only!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all, I am new to ArchiCAD and i love it!! Hoping to convince other American consultants to make the switch.

I am happyily able to bring Google 3D warehouse objects into ArchiCAD13 with no problems. Unfoftunatly these objects do not appear to be as "smart" as ArchiCAD objects.

For instance, in the attached image, the toilet is a google object and the chair is an ArchiCAD object. Looking at the object settings dialog box, the 'Floor Plan Display' seems to be set the same.

I like how the chair shows a solid object without showing the legs below the chair. The toilet shows a wireframe, and becomes a black mess of lines when i print.

Is there an easy way to take an object from Googles 3D warehouse and get it to display cleanly in plan, section, interior elevations...

Thanks!!

PrintScreen047.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Yes. Depends on how you did the import. What steps did you use?

You'll never get a 2D symbol quite like those in many AC library objects, because Warehouse objects are just dumb 3D models. Many library objects have independent 2D representations that reflect graphic standards for floor plans / elevations. For furniture, this is often identical, fortunately. 😉
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Brian:

Some solutions are covered in this thread:
2D symbol of Archibase.net objects

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, that gets me started, really appreciate it!