Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Weird Fill in Pocket Door

Srinivas
Booster
Hi there,

I tried unsuccessfully to remove the fill in the pocket door (please see attached image for reference) I tried changing the fills in the Floor plan symbol but with no luck, currently I am using a patch to cover this up, but sometimes when I send the drawings back to my client the patch object is sent back by the wall and this weird fill pops up, do anyone have a idea on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

2010-01-07_Pocket_Door_Fill_Problem.png
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
14 REPLIES 14
Srinivas
Booster
Deleting the fill from the file in my case "Pavement 16" is fixing the problem, but any thoughts on this would be helpful as i believe this is a long standing problem, at least for me.
ArchiCAD Services
iMac, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like an index number problem. Over time with additions and deletions to the fill attributes the index numbers can get jumbled. This has been a long standing problem but a really tricky one to fix globally at this point.

The better solution to deleting the fill is to replace it with the one you want. This is a bit tricky itself though since Attribute Manager doesn't allow direct editing of index numbers.
JaredBanks
Mentor
To get around this problem, if the bad fill is #35, I delete the fill, then create dummy fills until the next empty fill is #35. Make or duplicate a nice empty fill. Delete all the dummies and you're good to go. Once you have the right fill in one file copy it to all your others (or your template) via the attribute manager. I've had to do this a few times. Oh and if the index number is super high, see if you can find another file (AC template for instance) that has no holes in its fill list. Delete the number you need, create the new fill, and copy into your file via the attribute manager.

If you ever have trouble finding the screwy fill in the first place, just explode the pocket door/wall and select the now independent fill.

Just deleting the fill and leaving the index number empty will probably create errors.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Srinivas
Booster
Thanks Mathew and Jared, I will try your solutions.
ArchiCAD Services
iMac, Windows 10
Erika Epstein
Booster
Alternatively If you open up the library part of the sliding door, you should be able to change the patio stone fill to Air Space or whichever one you want.
Save as a new version if you don't want to overwrite the standard library part.

The advantage to doing this is that it will allow the patio stone fill, if called by other library parts in the file to not be messed up.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
JaredBanks
Mentor
A much nicer solution! And a good way to ease into tweaking and building library parts.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Yes, we know about this bug. Embarrassingly, it is is regression bug in AC13. It will be fixed in the next Library Update.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
Srinivas
Booster
Thanks Zsolt.
ArchiCAD Services
iMac, Windows 10
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
We investigated the issue. In fact this fill appears with the USA library in case you use a different attribute set than the one of the USA template. To overcome this, we introduced a parameter for this fill so that you can fit your object to your template. The Update Library is being tested; it will be out soon.

Regards,
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...