BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Velux Roof windows

ArcAngel
Participant
I have been trying to use Velux's roof window object/plug-in but can only find it in Hungarian. Unfortunately my Magyar is very rusty! Has anyone translated this into English - I've searched every one of Velux's international sites and e-mailed every one of them as well - but to no avail.

Here's a link to the object:

http://www.velux.hu/Szakfórum/Építészfórum/Tervezési-segédanyagok/VELUX+CAD/Könyvtárak/
Carlo
AC4.5 - AC 25 (User since 1992)
46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh silly me.. Works like a charm
Anonymous
Not applicable
ila2 wrote:
it is possible that we will to modify the VELUX library (that is on the GDL Depository).

Has somebody any new idea that would like to see in the library? (function, product, etc)
Hi Ila,

Beautiful work on the rooflights by the way! I've had a look at all the objects and I will PM you some comments and questions in a minute.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Peter for your detailed comments and questions in PM.

As you suggested it may useful to share some usage information about the Velux INT 2009 library for other people as well.

1.)
How do you use the object when the tiles are separately modelled from the structure? Or is it meant to be placed on the structure? How do you specify the mounting depth from the surface of the roof as this can vary.
In this version the Velux roof windows are placed to the roof as the AC roof would be without rooftiles. So, you have to take into account it when you design the correct section details. In this version you can’t to modify the position of the depth in the roof of the roof windows.

2.)
What do the different flashing settings adjust? Should you be able to see the flashing on plan?
There aren’t diffrent, and no, you shouldn’t. It has diffrent just in the hungarian version and just in the listing. There is a detailed listing in the hungarian version with codes and comments.

3.)
What does the 'framing' button control on the Combination page? I can't see any difference when turned on or off.
These’re work just when you use it in matrix geometry. When the number of rows or columns are more then 1.
You can see the diffrent only in 3D. So with the help of „Show the framings” button you can to turn on/off the blue ones and with the help of „Show the rafters” button you can to turn on/off the red ones. (see the image "Rafter_and_framing") But it’s true that i use for this elements „Horizontal rib” and „Skew rib” in the material page. I’m sorry it’s not consecutive, i will to solve it.

4.)
It doesn't seem possible to place the terrace window object close enough to the edge of the roof so the hole cut by the rooflight removes all the roof. Is there a suggested technique that overcomes this?

To the correct usage of the terrace windows you have to use the roof-cutting lines (turn off/on it in the attributes page). After that you adjust the correct depth of it, you have to use the SEO command, the terrace window have to be the operator. (see the image "usage_of_terrace_window")

5.)
If placing rooflight as an object (rather than a rooflight) there is no way to specify the pitch.
You’re right. I couldn’t thought that it would be useful as an general object (without roof).
It will be solved.

HTH

Best Regards,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I've uploaded the new VELUX CAD 2010 INT/HUN version to the depository.
It contains some of new products and new features and improvements.

New features:
- it can to turn in/off the opening lines 2D/3D/section
- it can to adjust the cutfills of the components
- it can to turn in/off the text from the plan view
- it can to adjust the position of the text in the plan view
- it can to specify the pitch, if you place it as an object

New products:
- sun collectors and smoke vent

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php?browse=Depository/08%20Doors-Windows

Best Regards,
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's published the INT version of the VELUX BIM roof windows library. It contains: roof windows, roof terrace, sun tunnel, flat roof windows, solar collectors and accessories without the customized listing.

You can to download it from: http://www.manubim.com/en/solution/manubim-downloads

It's based on the hungarian product range.
Stavadi
Contributor
Hi!

I can't find a way to change the slope / pitch of the velux.
Also I can't change the depth of the roof?
Barry Kelly
Stavadi wrote:
Hi!

I can't find a way to change the slope / pitch of the velux.
Also I can't change the depth of the roof?
If it was placed with the skylight tool then it will be linked to the roof.
Change the roof and the skylight should adjust.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!