BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Downspout Complex

Anonymous
Not applicable
Downspout Complex shows the gutter head below the offset. In the options you can turn off/on gutter head and elbow, but no options for offset to be turned off. Even if I were to require the offset (but not in my current application) it is above the gutter head and I can not seem to find the editing point to adjust the head to be at the top.
I have in the past just built the downspouts with the available parts, but would like to remedy having multiple parts by using the complex.
I have noticed this back in 12 and maybe older version.
I'm Finally fet up enough with this complex to ask for help.
Thanks
Lindsay

Downspout.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Here is some advise you probably wont like.

Forget using the library parts for that. Model your own downspouts, gutters, scuppers, etc....

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Forget using the library parts for that. Model your own downspouts, gutters, scuppers, etc....
That is an option....
I just hoped that Archicad had made a more usable object and there might be a simple way around it. I am not proficient in GDL and like to use what is available if possible.
I'm currently considering a complex profile for downspouts...but what about the headers. I really would like for the whole to be one object, not pieced together.
Are there any other suggestions out there?
There would not need to be any GDL scripting or programing.

Gutters are simply a mater of selecting a gutter profile from one of the manufactures websites, or drawing one your self if you like. Then using the magic wand (spacebar) and the profiler tool. You just click on the line of your gutter and poof....you have a perfectly shaped gutter.

If you like I can put a file here with a gutter profile and and you can give it a try. It is realy just a 1 click thing. No need for any GDL programing at all.

As for the downspouts. Just use the magic wand. Set a wall thickness to .001 or what ever and and click the downspout profile. Make it how ever tall you want it.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Designr wrote:
I really would like for the whole to be one object, not pieced together.
Are there any other suggestions out there?
Hi Lindsay,

I've hopefully modified the existing Downspout Complex to do what you requested. Let me know if it doesn't work, or if you discover any major bugs. I also noticed that the 2d view was incorrect when the object was tilted over, so this was corrected too. As a bonus I've included some modified hanger macros that pulls the hanger away from the wall slightly for better display!

It was actually quite an interesting exercise to do and it genuinely increased my understanding of graphical hotspots and trigonometry, so it was worth doing for my own education!

Hope it's useful to you!
Learn and get certified!