Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Losing textures - from plan to layout

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a problem copying fills from plans to the master layout. The textures get changed and I have no idea how I could solve this.

I have created my own textures (bmp files) and uploaded them; in plan view they look perfect, but in layout view they are replaced by some orange fill.

Has anyone met this problem?
4 REPLIES 4
Bruce
Expert
Haven't encountered this myself, but I would consider a couple of things:

- The fill in the plan is the correct size, but when you draw it in your master layout it is 1:1, so may be scaling itself to a larger fill and you're just seeing a little bit of it

- Check your work environment settings to make sure you have unchecked the uniform color for Master items on layouts (Work Environment > User Preference Schemes > On-Screen Options)

Hope this helps
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you could post some screenshot those may reveal the exact nature of the problem.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Bruce!
This was it. The textures were scaling to a much larger fill, so I've had to change that.
However, I don't understand why this is happening. If the scale is 1:1 when transferring from plan to layout, and every element keeps its proportion, why do fills change their dimension?
Bruce
Expert
It's in the fill definition - you can have them as scaling with the plan or scale independent. Check your definition and make sure it's Scale with plan (Model Size)...that way it will stay the same size no matter the scale.
FillDef.JPG
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb