Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

FAVORITES TOOL ICONS IN CUSTOM TOOL BAR

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

I have created favorite walls, slabs, windows etc. These are
accessible via normal AC tools and or favorites pull down menus.

I would like to access these from a custom tool bar with custom icons
with full visual interaction.i.e just click on icon that represents my wall
or slab type.

The question is whether this is possible? If so, How?

Regards,

Alick.
10 REPLIES 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In plain vanilla ArchiCAD I don't think this is possible.
Probably one would have to write some API Add-On to do this.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is something like this :Bimfast (french)

But you can also create your own module files and copy/paste from another session or drag the module straight from the finder/explorer.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Master script!

The principle of BIM Fast is to instant import an hotlinked module. You have 12 buttons so 12 different modules to get instantly on your view. Up to you to put what you need inside. Some users only target 1 or two. Some want more. Very usefull trick : it can be used within sections and elevations, a place where AC does not allow users to link modules.

BIM fast is available in 3 languages french english and portuguese. I can add other if needed.
Brett Brown
Advocate
Could you please post a link for the English version, couldn't find anything on your site. Any English video's?
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry Brett, I did not prepare english videos. I suggest you to watch the french ones, the commentary can be forgotten as the way BIM Fast works is really simple. If you are interested send me a request via my web site or a private message here I will send you a demo version
Anonymous
Not applicable
Master wrote:
It is something like this :Bimfast (french)

But you can also create your own module files and copy/paste from another session or drag the module straight from the finder/explorer.

Thanks Master,

Is there a simpler
method to do this?

Regards,

Alick.
owen
Newcomer
Til wrote:
Thank you Master script!

The principle of BIM Fast is to instant import an hotlinked module. You have 12 buttons so 12 different modules to get instantly on your view. Up to you to put what you need inside. Some users only target 1 or two. Some want more. Very usefull trick : it can be used within sections and elevations, a place where AC does not allow users to link modules.

BIM fast is available in 3 languages french english and portuguese. I can add other if needed.
This looks really quite handy .. we use a similar system of hotlinked modules containing standards, but the integration of this add-on via toolbars, etc looks really good.

I cannot find the Add-On on your site though (i think this is what Brett was asking too ..).

Can you give us more details ... demo? pricing?
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Til wrote:
Thank you Master script!

If you need a consistent spanish translation I can manage it!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Owen, Kurma

As definition I would say that BIM fast is a visual version of the favourites and enhances hugely the power of AC eye-droper. Thus hard to program (it took us 8 month) the principle of this Add-On is very simple : when you hit one of the BIM Fast palette buttons, a hotlinked module prompts immediately on the upper left part of your screen. You can then eye-drop any element included. It is also very easy to adapt as all the files (except the Add-On) are normal AC files (.tpl and .mod). Any one can customize his own version, or do the version for his own template, in a very short amount of time.
A word about the palette, it has 12 buttons each one dedicated to a general architectural field : 1. Survey & demolition - 2. Structure - 3. External Openings doors & windows - 4. Partitions, Ceilings, Finishes - 5. Internal openings doors & windows - 6. Mechanical Electrical Plumbing - 7. Furnishing 8. Site design - 9. Presentation Sections & Elevations - 10. ConDoc Sections & Elevations - 11. Detailing - 12. Annotations & dimensions

BIM Fast works for AC12 and AC13. It will open in demo mode if you are not registered. Pricing is 100€ per AC key. I have sent a demo version to Brett and will do it for anyone asking, send me a private message with your email address.

Kurma if you are interested in doing the translation I can send you an excell file. There are about 30 words and 11 warnings to be translated. Thank you for the offer!

I am looking for candidates to do an adaptation of BIM Fast files on local templates.

Attached a few images of the Add-On, to see the BIM Fast palette.