BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Rotating a Vaulted Roof

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to figure out how to pitch a vaulted roof. The sloped surfaces in the attached figure were created with the roof tool, and all is fine, except that the vault now needs to pitch in the way shown. (This is an historic condition that I'm trying to render.)

I've tried selecting the roof in the elevation window, but the rotate element command is not available.

100108ftmtext.jpg
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
mc0m wrote:
On the other hand, I need for the pitched element to do an upwards extrusion of the wall that it is resting on. That was a very straightforward SEO when the element was a roof. Now it is a beam, and they have intersection priorities which are odd numbers. The intersection priorities of the wall are even numbers ... so the SEO can't happen.
It will still work. You just need to make sure the beam has a higher priority number than the wall, then SEO as normal. For example if the wall is 8, then the beam needs to be 9 or higher.

It may not be working at the moment because the wall could be automatically cutting the beam away leaving nothing to SEO.
Nice tip Peter
I hope I see you here often. Thank you every time for your help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Markus wrote:
Nice tip Peter
I hope I see you here often. Thank you every time for your help.
No problem, I'm glad it's useful!
Learn and get certified!