Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Transoms

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having trouble making transoms or circle top windows over a window or door not show up on the plan. Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong? I've tried every setting in the "Floor Plan and Section" settings of the window dialog I can think of to no avail. I also have my cut plan set well below the height of theses windows. Thanks for any help you can give me in pointing me in the right direction.
4 REPLIES 4
Erika Epstein
Booster
I have a wall set to projected with overhead. I then set 4 copies of a half-round window in the wall at transom height. Cut Plane is out-of the box 4'.

The window set to Projected does not show in plan with or with out a door underneath.

Is your wall set to symbolic?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried setting the wall to symbolic and the circle head windows to projected but it's still showing up. Tried some of you other setting above as well. I thought maybe it could be that I was using a complex profile for the wall, but that's not the case in this drawing. It's a composite structure but not a complex profile.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Wrath,

Perhaps I wasn't clear, you do NOT want your wall set to symbolic
Depending on what you want to set your wall to, then decide what you want to set your window.

See the attached matrix. I created one wall with the 4 identical transoms set with their sill at 7' AFF. Red are the wall settings and blue the window settings.

Note also that although the windows are all set to show their marker, the wall and/or window setting can over-ride their display.

HTH
Wall & Window Settings Matrix.jpg
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
That got it for me. Thanks a bunch Erika.