BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC12 - color of active selected items - can I change it?

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I click on a line, or whatever in the 2D working window, the line when selected turns an opaque color of it's original color.

In AC10, every item I selected turns green, or red, or whatever color I set it at. Where do I, or can I set this up in AC12?? I have been looking everywhere and can't for the life of me find this setting, which I know HAS to be there somewhere - hopefully.

In AC10, I changed this in the Work Environment - Selection and Element Information by changing the Contour Color.

Could it be I need to change to a new User Preference Scheme??

TIA
7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly
Work Environment > Selection and Element Information.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Which is what I've been trying, but it doesn't work the same for me in ArchiCad 12. It will change the hue of the color when I select a line, each line type will be a different color when I select several - i.e. circles, arcs, line, polylines, splines, they all will turn a different subdued or opaque hue of their original color.

I have no clue what the heck is going on. I go back to AC10 and it works just like it should.

For example, this pic is an AC10 project. All items selected turn red, as they should. If I open this project in AC12, it will function the same way.

A different project, an AC12 original project, the lines selected all turn different colors, based somehow on their original colors, as cyan always turns grey, yellow turns orange, blue turns purple, etc. There are two rows of lines here, same colors top row and bottom row. As you can see the bottom row are selected, but do not turn red, but each a different color.

As you can see I have the Selection and Element Information set exactly the same in AC10 and AC12, but the lines do not all turn red in AC12 like they do in AC10.

Oddly, if I open the AC10 project with AC12, it functions properly as it did opened in AC10. That must mean I have some preference that is set to some AC12 standard that the AC10 project doesn't adhere to.

There has to be a scheme or a standard or something that isn't set right that I'm missing somewhere, but it's driving me crazy!!!
Barry Kelly
Seems odd.
But it is true.
I never really noticed as I usually work with hairlines.
But turn true line weight on and it shows up more.
Version 13 is the same.

Interestingly when you turn off the "Highlight selected element's contours" checkbox and then turn it back on again it shows a transparent fill - not solid.

I would report this to your Archicad distributor.
I will do the same here.

Barry.
highlight.jpg
Versions 6.5 to 27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
What happens if you uncheck the "Highlight selected elements' surfaces"?
Maybe if line are displayed with True Lineweight then it think it is a surface so puts the additional green selection color to it as well and this causes the color change.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Could this have something to do with having 'Automatic Pen Color Visibility Adjustment for Model Views' turned on? Look in the 'More Options' section of the work environment and try turning it on or off and see if it makes any difference.
Barry Kelly
laszlonagy wrote:
What happens if you uncheck the "Highlight selected elements' surfaces"?
Maybe if line are displayed with True Lineweight then it think it is a surface so puts the additional green selection color to it as well and this causes the color change.
I thought it might be that too but unfortunately not.
Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Barry Kelly
Peter wrote:
Could this have something to do with having 'Automatic Pen Color Visibility Adjustment for Model Views' turned on? Look in the 'More Options' section of the work environment and try turning it on or off and see if it makes any difference.
No, I never have this on anyway.
I tried turning it on and no difference.

Are others having this issue as well?
I don't see it as a big problem as I don't use a lot of line work and I still can see what is selected especially in hairline mode.
But it has got my curiosity now and I can't see why it should have changed since version 10.
Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Learn and get certified!