Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Polygon error message - door/window related??

rob2218
Enthusiast
guys I get this message on a PLN file I've created. the pln file contains two hotlinked files.
therefore the message comes up twice so it leads me to believe it's door issue that got mirrored or cant figure out the geometry of the door or something that's giving me this message....any help would greatly be appreciated.

archicad 12 US version
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
14 REPLIES 14
Erika Epstein
Booster
Mirrored modules have been known to be problematic. To test if that is the problem create a separate mod of the mirrored condition.
Let us know how it works.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Could you open the library part and get some of the code from the 2D script file near the line referenced by the error? I'm guessing you'll need either need to add an attribute to the script telling it to close the polygon or add the start point as an end point.
rob2218
Enthusiast
i'll try to get the code referenced. also, I figured it might be some sort of "mirrored" issue because that's what i did. I mirrored one of the buildings. Yet when I open the PLN file by itself, for example unmirrored...it seems to be fine.....so i'll try to remove the mirrored PLN file first and if not then see what the code says.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
WELL....apparently, making a mirror of the PLN file and then hotlinking it into the main PLN file doesn't work.

those pesky error mesages are terrible.
what's the other way I can fix this? what is it asking me??? something about a closed polyline...something or other??? what does that mean??
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Erika Epstein
Booster
Since the door is buggy, after you mirror the plan, replace the doors with new instances.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
rob2218
Enthusiast
How in heavens name do I find out "which" door is the buggy one??
I mean...I have a few doors on the drawing??

How can easily determine "which" of the many doors is the 'buggy one'??

Erika wrote:
Since the door is buggy, after you mirror the plan, replace the doors with new instances.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
the file is not that big of a file size.
Does anyone here know archicad GSL programming?
I can send you that PLN file, perhaps you can show me "which" is the offending door object? I'd even pay someone to help me.

Erika wrote:
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There have been discussions before on how to find buggy object file.
You know it is a Door.
So go to your Hotlink file and show all Doors in 3D. The error message will probably come.
Then select half of them and show only those in 3D. If the error message still comes the buggy part is still among the selected half if not it is in the other half.
Always halving the remaining, you can track down the problematic element(s) and correct them.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
rob2218
Enthusiast
thanks for your input. what is exactly the bugginess of these doors?
the funny part is...that when I go to my hotlink file....and go to the 3D view...the error doesn't come out.
now..I do have some doors in the main PLN model file. could this be the location where they reside? yet...I didn't notice the buggy error message come up until I actually hotlinked the typical unit file...then the error message came up.

concluding that I can indeed locate the offending door...what then? how do I fix it? or do I just select another door???

laszlonagy wrote:
There have been discussions before on how to find buggy object file.
You know it is a Door.
So go to your Hotlink file and show all Doors in 3D. The error message will probably come.
Then select half of them and show only those in 3D. If the error message still comes the buggy part is still among the selected half if not it is in the other half.
Always halving the remaining, you can track down the problematic element(s) and correct them.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23