Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

2D DWG Export of 3D Cut-through

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I've been trying to export an axonometric line drawing from my ArchiCAD model, however it doesn't seem to like it when I save it as a .DWG. All of the elements move and distort. I merely which to export the 3D viewport as a 2D line drawing. Is this possible? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

Many thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
chris, which window are you exporting from?

the two options i would try are these:

1) capture view as 3d document (right-click and select option from context menu) and export to dwg from 3d document window or,

2) set 3d view to use 'internal engine' (instead of opengl), enclose the required view with a 2d marquee and cntrl-C (selecting the measured drawing option). Paste this to a 2d window (e.g. plan or worksheet) and then save as .dwg.

the first option i think is better as you can more quickly update the view and re-export if required.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Excellent! Tried the first option from the perspective window and it worked like a charm. Many thanks kombibob, never tried anything like this before, much appreciated.