BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

A.CAD12 AUS Trial-Executable file missing after installation

Anonymous
Not applicable
I downloaded the trial version this morning and installed the application. A shortcut (without an AchiCAD icon) was placed on the desktop but points to a file that does not exist. The ArchiCAD.exe file is missing from the main ArchiCAD directory. Does anyone know how to fix tis problem
Cheers
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling ArchiCAD? I assume you have administrative privileges.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have reinstalled a couple of times with no change. I've attached a screenshot of the Archicad directory, and you can see that there is no .exe file in the folder! The download and original install went smoothly, ie. I don't think the file is corrupted...but who knows?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have got the same problem. I am using Windows Vista and I just installed ArchiCAD 13. The shortcut created on my desktop and quick launch says: "Missing Shortcut - Windows is searching for ArchiCAD.exe. To locate the file yourself, click Browse." When I browse in the "C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 13" folders, I cannot find the ArchiCAD.exe file. I have reinstalled it and it doesn't work.

What should I do???
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I had the same problem installing on Windows 7. This solution worked for me.

Uninstall ArchiCad and delete all folders left behind

Uninstall Java

Right click on AC13-INT32.exe install file and go to Properties

Select Compatibility tab, tick 'Run this program in compatibility mode for' and select Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)

Tick 'Run this program as an administrator' and click OK

Run AC13-INT32.exe

It will reinstall an earlier version of java and should now install correctly

Hope this helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there thomk83...

Thank you for your reply. I tried this on Windows Vista. When I viewed the properties of the ArchiCad installation file and selected the compatibility tab and ticked 'Run this program in compatibility mode for'; there was no option for Windows Vista (Service Pack 2), so I selected Windows XP (Service Pack 2). I also selected 'Run this program as an administrator'. When I wanted to install ArchiCAD agian, the install shield only displayed the first sentence on every step.

I went back to the properties of the installation file and unticked the 'Run this program in compatibility mode for' option and then it worked... BUT then after installing ArchiCad a shortcut was placed on my desktop, it had the icon of ArchiCad which was a good thing. When I double clicked to start ArchiCad, I got a error message saying that I am not allowed/or haven't got rights to open this program..... SIGH! So then I turned my 'User Account Control' off and still... it said the same thing....

Any other suggestions???

Sorry to say this but I cannot understand why installing ArchiCad has so be such a hassle. I used basically half of my internet CAP to download this program and now it doesn't even work!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, this is the solution that worked for me.

I disabled my firewall and anti-virus and then as well as my internet connection(because the anti-virus was disabled). Then I installed ArchiCAD with administrator rights and installed it here: C:\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 13 instead of here: C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 13.

After installation you can enable everything again.

Worked for me.
Learn and get certified!