Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Rhino parametrics Beta !

TMA_80
Enthusiast
http://www.rhinoparametrics.com/index.php

I "hoped " GS had a parametrical gdl editor like this one (or a better one) !
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
TMA_80 wrote:
http://www.rhinoparametrics.com/index.php

I "hoped " GS had a parametrical gdl editor like this one (or a better one) !
great stuff . . .

its nice to see that some other programs use graphic to create parametric objects. Its so sad to realise that we dont have this on Ac.
This is great and i hope that poeple from GS will learn from Rhino team how to create next version of program (update) Many many new features....
alemanda
Advocate
...Great!
Really I think that one of the best way to produce parametric object is the technlogy used by Autodesk for the dynamic blocks within AutoCAD.
Instead of using variables you use the dimensions ... the most used commands (like stretch, move, rotate, array, etc) are substituted by operators ... this way is very easy ...
...then the power of the GDL could complete the job ...
Of course in Rhino it's wonderful to be able to control the nurbs in this way ...
Why doesn't GS think about a bidirectional link between Archicad and RHINO?
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
stefan
Expert
Other nice examples:

Grasshopper for Rhino
Generative Components for Bentley MicroStation

And don't underestimate the way Families are created in Revit.

I still have to learn some more, but I assume that the ideal would be a mostly visual/graphical approach to this kind of procedural geometry creation, but add scripting support for power-users

Translated into GDL:

make most of the GDL creation visual, but allow for inserting script fragments to do the things that are easier to control in code.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book