Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

D3 Smart Parts

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently got the collection of D3 Smartparts and have had mixed feelings about them. One of my issues is with rendering. I want to do an interior rendering of a kitchen with a boatload of cabinets, but when I go to render, the drawer lines and lines between doors on the cabinets disappear.

Can anyone tell me where the magic button is?
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
can you not make a new material, same colour but different name, and asign that to the adjoining materials?

or does it not work that way??
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've put a request through to the reseller to ask the developer about it. We'll see what happens, though I'm not too hopeful.
Anonymous
Not applicable
splitlid wrote:
can you not make a new material, same colour but different name, and asign that to the adjoining materials?

or does it not work that way??
You can't set different materials to the door panels themselves. So, no.
Erich
Contributor
Rod wrote:
Barry wrote:
/......
I would imagine the D3 Smart Parts aren't all that simple in their scripting.
I don't have them so I have no idea how complex they are.
/.....
Steven, to add to Barry's comments.
If their scripts are locked then there is nothing you can do
except ask the maker to help fix your problem.
Just for what it is worth the D3 parts are not locked (at least not the ones I have - perhaps that has changed) and are fairly straight forward in there coding. I have found them a great example for learning GDL. They are much nicer for that effort than the standard Graphisoft parts we have now days.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Erich wrote:
/....Just for what it is worth the D3 parts are not locked (at least not the ones I have)
and are fairly straight forward in there coding./
Then if Steven wants to make available the part I'd be happy to help fix the problem.
The maker should offer to do this as it would be in his interest when selling his parts.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Rick Thompson
Expert
You can contact Neil through his web site. He has always been helpful for me, and has fixed bugs when made aware of them.

http://www.ddgi.com/
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rick wrote:
You can contact Neil through his web site. He has always been helpful for me, and has fixed bugs when made aware of them.

http://www.ddgi.com/
I will do that now. Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steven wrote:
One of my issues is with rendering. I want to do an interior rendering of a kitchen with a boatload of cabinets, but when I go to render, the drawer lines and lines between doors on the cabinets disappear.

Can anyone tell me where the magic button is?
One method that I like using when producing kitchen renders is making a sketch render to bring out the lines that may not show up in bare archicad renders and/or lightworks renders. Using a sketch render over your rendering will make your drawer lines and lines between doors on the cabinets appear. I'll attach a sample. Hope this helps.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Awesome tip, awesome result.
I am actually going to copy this to the Tips and Tricks section.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27