Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Let ArchiCAD script it for you

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had this problem with GDL , simply scripting is not my favorite thing !

anyhow I had to model some -kind of - complex shapes with Mesh tool, rotate and save as an object (exterior shell) . however another problem is there that this object will not change its floor plan. I know this is possible with GDL (I think the command is project or something).The first thought was to generate a 3D document for each floor , using 3D cutaway , and trace them , but that is really time consuming.

so I tried another thing ..why not let ArchiCAD script it for you !

I just saved the object as a curtain Wall custom panel, created a new scheme with the exact dimensions used that panel with the exact width .. and changed the CW settings to Cut only , and done !

Looking for accuracy I would use Worksheets in order to trace the lines when drawing the slabs.

so far I am happy with the method. and wanted to share with you .
8 REPLIES 8
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Wow -- I'm having a hard time following you -- maybe some screen shots would help?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura wrote:
Wow -- I'm having a hard time following you -- maybe some screen shots would help?
I believe what he is saying is that by saving his custom part as a curtainwall panel, and setting the placed curtainwall to match the dimensions of the single "panel", he was able to get ArchiCAD to calculate the floor plan view rather than having to script it with a PROJECT2 statement.

Quite clever really.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Laura wrote:
I believe what he is saying is that by saving his custom part as a curtainwall panel, and setting the placed curtainwall to match the dimensions of the single "panel", he was able to get ArchiCAD to calculate the floor plan view rather than having to script it with a PROJECT2 statement.

Quite clever really.
Yes Matthew , that is exactly what I wanted to say . thanx for making it simple

Actually I do have the steps in PDF. as I have explained the steps while helping a user so I sent the steps as a PDF file , but having hard time attaching it here !
Anonymous
Not applicable
trying to upload the PDF ...ok file size is larger than the allowed by the forum. no big deal. if any interested just send me a PM with your email
Barry Kelly
Does zipping the pdf help reduce the size enough?
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
hmmm..it is still 264 KB, and the max size is 256 .
Barry Kelly
whatever wrote:
hmmm..it is still 264 KB, and the max size is 256 .
So close but yet so far

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Dennis Lee
Booster
I'm sure saving / printing as JPG will help...
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9