Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad Walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
With your help, we figured out how to make walls, duplicate, etc.. now we are drawing and have another question.. attached is an image.. we have different wall types and not sure how to change from one wall type to another when the CMU is continuous, and add than add a column.. which has no finish, etc.. someone please direct me in the right direction.. racking my brain all weekend.. and the tutorials are a waste of time to watch.. they dont show any basics.. i appreciate the help..

tn_1.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
rob2218
Enthusiast
you simply have to "cut" break the walls into their respective types right where you have those dots.
you need to create various wall types....8"CMU plain, 8"CMU with brick face, 8"CMU with interior stucco, etc.....different wall composites and break the walls right where you have those red dots.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Anonymous
Not applicable
this is an autocad dwg, so it was just for reference.. i have the different wall types made.. on autocad its selecting an endpoint.. with these smart walls, its a little more difficult.. but my problem is stopping on wall type.. than starting a new, how is that process done?

thanks
rob2218
Enthusiast
I believe you can accomplish what you need to accomplish with the different wall composites by using the "priority settings"....try that.
adjust the priority settings (move them up or down) and see how that makes the walls react.

good luck.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS