Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Turn Plaster in Wallhole / Windows / Doors

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

I have a common brick wall plastered on both sides. Whenever I insert a wall hole, window or door i can't make the plaster cover the tops (something like wall ends!). I know there's a turn plaster option but it seems to me it's only related to cavity walls.
I know this probably is something very simple i'm missing but any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Turn Plaster.jpg
16 REPLIES 16
Erika Epstein
Booster
If you are using an Empty Opening open up its settings box cmd/ctl+T
On the Parameters tab Under Cavity Closuer set it to continuous and the finish material will appear on the sides of the openings as you would like.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Erika,

I just can't seem to find that option in the parameters tab. Could you please show me?

Thanks
Erika Epstein
Booster
In 13 there are many settings options. Go through the different cavity closure options.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been able to tackle the problem using the traditional cavity closing and setting the floor plan display to symbolic, as i had it set to projected with overhead (that's the only way i can find to represent the glass in the glass door with the wooden frame, the symbol doesn't have that option).
Still the problem persists in the sections, as i don't think i have an option for symbolic display in section views.
How can i solve this?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

I've already spent countless hours trying to figure out how to solve this problem but I always come up short on solutions.

I've attached a PDF which sums up what I always come across with the same door and two kinds of display methods.

What I need is to be able to represent is a wooden framed door with a glass panel, handles included, without any type of casing (as in door nr. 2 in plan view and both doors section views) and plaster covering left, right and top of wall hole (could only achieve covering left and right top in plan view of door nr. 1, never in any section view).

I've reached the limit of what I know and can do to solve this , so if someone could help me I'd be more than thankful.

Thank you very much

P.S. - This problem also happens with empty openings (doors and windows)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Unfortunately this Turn Plaster option is 2D only. It is not generated also in 3D.
This is why you are seeing these results in section (generated from model) and Projected view (also generated from model).
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi laszlo,

Finally I was able to understand how the process worked reading some GDL developers manual. After all the symbolic display is really 2d (just a smart patch!). Note that it doesn't even match the wooden framed door with the glass panel (is it possible to change it?).

Do you think this problem could be addressed in the near future and instead of having a 2d representation give the possibility to model these situations as it's supposed to (preferably without the need to be a programmer )?

Again, thank you very much for your availability and help.
Cheers
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
gassis wrote:
Do you think this problem could be addressed in the near future and instead of having a 2d representation give the possibility to model these situations as it's supposed to (preferably without the need to be a programmer )?
I do not really know, I am not involved with GDL development, I am not even a GS employee.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you all the same.