Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Problems Ganging Windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having trouble ganging Windows, specifically the Double Hung windows in AC13. The Windows are input with the Stud Wall Reveal if that matters. Anyways, when the Ganging is selected, the wall trim is relocated (instead of being cut in half like in AC10 & 11) and the window frame gets extended into the window itself. Surely this is not how the part was designed! So how do I correct this?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
And here are the windows after Ganging is selected, showing the trim relocated and extended into the window area. Thanks for any help.
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
This is a known issue and unless you plan on digging into the code you cannot correct it. That's GS job. BTW, I think there are errors in elevation too.

More broadly, GS needs to do some homework on North American conventions, especially in the realm of residential construction. Zsolt's presence on these forums, and the frankness of his posts, is welcome and reassuring.

Even more broadly, given the lack of a graphical GDL editor, and the complexity of some of these objects, the burden falls to GS to provide reliable content, especially doors and windows.

Smiley, why don't you doctor up a view of what you think the ganged window should look like.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sure. The windows and doors ganged properly in previous versions like AC10, so GS already knows how to do it right. The fact that they have changed it (seemingly) without reason has been quite a frustration for the last couple years. I will see what I can render.

To be honest, Geoff, I have little to no faith in these online forums and rarely post here. These forums seem like a great place for companies to allow us to vent, but there are so many layers to these damn posts that important information is easily lost and/or hidden for years.

Thanks for the reply!
Anonymous
Not applicable
SmileyMan wrote:
To be honest, Geoff, I have little to no faith in these online forums ....
Especially when you see that someone voted "Not important". The some man was not important to correct the error. But he considered it important to vote this way.
Erika Epstein
Booster
And has everyone posted here the samples as Szolt asked?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"