BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

how to configure dimmensions to centimeters ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm new to Archicad.

In my project quotas are set to meters. I would like to set quotas for centimeters.

To do this, I am running the "Options-> Projects and Preferences-> Dimensions".

I set the project to centimeters and OK, all dimensions in a drawing in "Project Map" change to centimeters as magic.

But when I open a drawing in "Viewmap" quotas are in meters and if I return to a drawing in "Project Map" quotas return to be in meters and not more centimeters.

How can I permanently configure all the dimensions of the project to centimeters?
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Cristiano,

I appreciate that you are new to ArchiCAD ... however the four questions that you just asked are all in the User Guide. You might spend some time reading and learning first.

Project Map gives viewpoints. Views contain many settings that inform how a viewpoint will be displayed: layers, scale, pen set, zoom, dimension style, display options and more for 2D .. and 3D window and rendering settings and more for 3D viewpoints.

Your dimension preferences only changed the active view ... if you activate a saved view, you are restoring the dimension settings that were saved with that view. You must redefine the view to use the new dimension settings.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!