Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to model this ...??? HELP!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys, I need to show some wood panels below an arch opening how do I model this, please see sketch below.. Thanks a lot in advanced for you help!!

Scan2.jpg
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
If they are flat panels you could make a profiled beam as shown. The beam has the advantage of outomatically cutting the wall (no SEO required). If you are looking to get moulded forms (raised panels, cope and stick, etc.) that is much more difficult.
ARCH panels.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks I finally figure it out.. had to bend the panel in cinema 4d
Anonymous
Not applicable
You didn't say you had C4D. That's a whole different equation.
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes but because I used Cinema the poly count went up a lot and it's slow, having problems exporting to cinema it crashes every time I try to merge the file...I use cinema for rendering only any suggestions
Erika Epstein
Booster
Another challenge. I created the coffered arch lying on the ground using walls, slabs columns with custom profiles for trims around the coffers.
After it was done and saved as a library part I created another custom profile trim for the casings. I placed it in an arched opening with trim (turned of panel). Casing was dull so added trim similar to your photo.

Granted I didn't know sizes, but this was fairly quick to do. I am sure there are many more ways to do this just using archicad.
That said Ralph will probably have a 5 minute and better solution

An advantage to figuring this out as 3D objects is all you s/e will be drawn for you.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK then. If C4D isn't doing the trick there is a way to get what you want in ArchiCAD. You can make the arch as a custom door.

To do this you build it out of profiled walls and columns and then save as a door type library part. Lay out the parts horizontally in plan as shown in the attached image. ArchiCAD takes care of the rotation automatically when you save it as a door. I hope you can figure most of this out from the illustration.

The only really arcane bit is the orange slab you see in the image.It has "WALLHOLE" as its ID (see the info palette) which causes ArchiCAD to use it to make the wall opening.
Erika Epstein
Booster
created in floor plan
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Erika Epstein
Booster