Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

disappearing walls in hotlinked modules

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey all!

i am doing two story row houses and having a little difficulty. I am currently having them put in as units in their very own pln and hotlinking them in a building file, where the roofs, exterior elevations, attic walls on the gables, etc are placed. What we are seeing in the 3d window is that for some reason the walls on the units keep disappearing. EG I have done the unit, and it has two instances, and on one of the instances the walls were missing. Then I had her delete the unit save it as another name and reinsert it and it was fine. Well a bit later we looked at it and the walls were missing again. Did all the investigations I could think of. (been on archicad since version 5), then deleted the renamed unit and mirrored the unit so that there were two instances of the same unit and the walls were back! Can anybody make any sense of this?

thanks!
9 REPLIES 9
Erika Epstein
Booster
I know there have been some problems with mirrored hotlinks, but you are finding the reverse. Usually when walls 'appear' to be missing it's because there are two in the same space.

Can you post some screenshots, one of the module alone in 3D and the other when wall appears missing?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try setting the walls from the module on Home Story Only.

HTH
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Hey Erika!
The mirrored module missing walls issue existed in 12 for me as seen in the attached image. I am at a point of commencing CDs and considering moving the model to 13. Before starting that time consuming process, I'd like to know if the MMMW issue has been fixed in 13?
Gracias amigos!
Picture 4.jpg
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Scott, don't mind if I reply? This issue with these walls is definitely solved in AC13.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm using AC18 and am having the same problem.
When I mirror a module, sometimes, walls disappear.
Is anyone still having this problem?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am still having this problem! What is also very weird is that the project being shared, different users don't have the same display. The whole office is out of ideas and we're all feeling quite desperate. Abvent's hot line doesn't have a solution.
haymont
Booster
Having the same issue here with hotlinked modules and mirrored walls disappearing!!! It is doing my head in and seems like a MAJOR GLITCH in the software (version 18) as I am stumped as to what is causing it.
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core 4.60 GHz | 32 GB RAM |M.2 500GB + M.2 1TB | 2x Dell 27” | WIN 10 Home 64
NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 12GB (Studio Driver)
Archicad 24 | 25 (Since v12)
schagemann
Enthusiast
This is a known bug in AC18 TW files - apparently the latest hotfix should sort this... we got an interim fix before so can not really confirm.
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I was told the 5100 will do the trick. We're only waiting for the French version to come out. Any day now...