BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Nobody can answer question. What to do next?

Gus
Newcomer
I have had a problem with my tool tips not showing up while using Archicad 13 and Windows 7. Nobody on this forum has been able to solve the problem even though many seem to have the same problem, nothing is being resolved. I have talked to sales reps and they can't solve the problem either. What do I do next? Who do I talk to? Is there a person out there who knows everything about Archicad 13 and Windows 7? If so, how do I contact them? It seems like there is a sort of wall between the developers and the users. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
Michael
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If it does not resolve, it is probably a bug.
Then you should report it to GS through your reseller so they know about it and can work on resolving it.

But imagine what would happen if every user in the world would want to get their questions answered directly by GS developers/programmers. No development of the program would be taking place. They would just be answering questions.
This is why the GS channel - distributors, resellers - are supporting end users, and not GS HQ.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
The tooltip thing may be hard for tech support to track down if nobody else is experiencing it. Make sure that you are using a standard desktop display mode, and have not customized icon sizes, spacing, etc, and perhaps turn of Aero and then see if things work. If so, then gradually turn things back on.

I was going to provide the link to the US technical support report form ... but I see that GS US has removed that from their site and that users are indeed supposed to contact their resellers for support. Personally, I think this is a step backwards from having a dedicated central support queue and, like so many other things in the past year - such as license transfer fees - I for one never received an email notification of this change. So strange that they seem to have so little understanding of customer relation psychology... communication is the most basic 'step 1' thing...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!