BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How do I set standard cabinet sizes?

Anonymous
Not applicable
We just upgraded to ArchiCAD 13 and I would like to set up my library so that base and wall cabinet sizes reflect what is out there for standard cabinte sizes. Base cabinets come 3'-0" wide with 3" units of variation in width, and the cabinet depth is 2'-0". The counter top overhangs 1" on the front and there is a 4" tall backsplash. Wall cabinets have similar parameters. How can I set this up so that I can grab a cabinet from the library without having to adjust all of the parameters each time? I copy and paste, but from area to area or project to project, it takes time I think the computer should be able to do instead of me. It would even work if the object keeps the settings from the last cabinet I placed.
What is the best way to set up the library of cabinets so I don't have to continually adjust the settings each time I pick a different cabinet?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't have AC13 but in AC11 I set up "Favorites"

Doug
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great idea! I had the "Favorites" pallette up on my right screen, but I had no idea what to do with it, So I read the book. Thanks for the idea!

Roger
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
We have a "Casework Palette" -- sort-of-a "Visual Favorites" file that can be hotlinked or merged into the project file. It has the most commonly used parts with parameters set to LSI specifications.
Casework Palette.jpg
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Laura wrote:
/... -- sort-of-a "Visual Favorites" file that can be hotlinked or merged into the project file./.....
Thanks Laura, I like the "Visual" part, great idea as I find the Fav list can become quite cumbersome.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Brett Brown
Advocate
BIMfast takes visual favorites a step further as well. Fantastic tool
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow! Laura's "Casework Pallette" looks like a fantastic idea! How does one go about setting it up? Back to the book!

I am totally lost. What is BIMfast? Is it part of ArchiCAD 13?

Thanks for your time.

Roger
Brett Brown
Advocate
rhendrickson wrote:
What is BIMfast?
archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=161780&highlight=bimfast#161780
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Learn and get certified!