BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

sketchup to archicad 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi everybody
do you know if it is possible to create objects at scetchup 7 and send them to AC13 and to specify and modify them as gdl smart objects
does anybody have any idea what is the best way to intigrate bespoke kitchen and bathrooms in AC, and i have real problems with the manufacturers about gdl objects even some of them firstly hear and learn from me about that kind of objects
kind regards
7 REPLIES 7
vistasp
Advisor
Welcome to the forum deni.

You could use the Google Earth Connection plugin to import a SketchUp model into AC. It will not be a smart GDL object though.

Also note that this plugin will only work with 32-bit Windows. (You should add a signature with your AC, hardware and OS specifications for better help on this forum.)
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

is there any chance of a 64bit version of Google Earth connection for AC 13, or should we forget about it all together?
Djordje
Ace
zoltar wrote:
Hi all,

is there any chance of a 64bit version of Google Earth connection for AC 13, or should we forget about it all together?
Is probably depends on Google ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have used SketchUp Pro to save as 3DS and then convert to ArchiCAD library parts with the import add-on. It's pretty clean for non-parametric parts. The materials come through quite well for plain shading. It seems there might even be a way to get textures to work but I haven't take the time to try it out.
Dennis Lee
Booster
Matthew wrote:
I have used SketchUp Pro to save as 3DS and then convert to ArchiCAD library parts with the import add-on. It's pretty clean for non-parametric parts. The materials come through quite well for plain shading. It seems there might even be a way to get textures to work but I haven't take the time to try it out.
Matthew, don't you get the triangular lines for all the flat surfaces when you do this? Do you know of a way to not get them?
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dennis wrote:
Matthew, don't you get the triangular lines for all the flat surfaces when you do this? Do you know of a way to not get them?
Actually I don't know how to get them. 3DS converts quite cleanly for me without intervention. Going the other way (AC > SketchUp) does require turning on the import option to combine coplanar faces.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anybody know why a large majority of models in the 3d warehouse are'nt available for download via the google earth connections plug-in?

Some say "download model", others say "view in google earth". I am urgently in need of some models which wont allow me to download via the plugin.

It gives me the option to download the KMZ file or the Collada file, which doesnt go directly into archicad as if it would via the download model option.

I am using archicad 13. I would be really grateful if anybody could assist me.

Cheers!
Learn and get certified!