BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

More than one Trace/Reference

I would like to be able to display a trace reference for below, and a trace reference for above a current View, and see them all at the same time.

This pole is for indicating how important you think it is to display two trace reference drawings instead of just one.

I vote Important. I would actually like to have as many trace reference drawings as I want but one more would be great since it would give us the ability to view what is above and below a View.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

14 REPLIES 14
Probably even more important to see the two side elevations besides the edited one.

Best Regards,
Piotr
Piotr wrote:
Probably even more important to see the two side elevations besides the edited one.

Best Regards,
Piotr
Yes! That would be great.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Geoff Briggs
Mentor
While I think the interface for two could be clean, I fear that the interface for unlimited would not be. Another nicety of the current arrangement is the relative choices (Above, Previous, etc.). So I will argue in favor of keeping T/R as is. But...

I do like the idea behind this poll. I think the better way to get there is to allow drawings based on internal views to be placed into model windows. Then as many views as you like could be placed, arranged, rotated, etc. As drawings are based on views, you'd have all the usual view settings to vary one from the next (layers, pens, MVOs, etc). And they would print. So this method would enable a lot more cool tricks than just referencing, namely compositing multiple views for truly WYSIWYG RCPs, structural plans, roof plans, etc.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Well said Geoff. This pole would not exist if we could do that.

Geoff wrote:
I do like the idea behind this poll. I think the better way to get there is to allow drawings based on internal views to be placed into model windows.
Amen to that!!!
that would solve the issue od having one clear trace/refernce thing.

but there is another good thing coming from that:
the another teamworking option - we have modules and TW(2.0)
with allowing the views internal and from external pln's to the model views - we would have another option.
If only drawings got the layer control - especially for dwgs etc - it would be almost perfect.

Best Regards,
Piotr
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I voted Essential for this Poll.
Till it comes true, here is a workaround:
Place the needed viewpoints as Drawings on a Layout and show that Layout as Trace Reference on your Floor Plan. The Layout will show all Drawings placed on it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
laszlonagy wrote:
Place the needed viewpoints as Drawings on a Layout and show that Layout as Trace Reference on your Floor Plan. The Layout will show all Drawings placed on it.
I knew about it, but it seems AC is working wired after such operation 😉
and it is impossible to relink the drawing etc.

Best Regards,
Piotr
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Piotr wrote:
laszlonagy wrote:
I knew about it, but it seems AC is working wired after such operation 😉
and it is impossible to relink the drawing etc.

Best Regards,
Piotr
I don't quite understand what you mean by wired and impossible to relink.
Could you explain it?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
laszlonagy wrote:
I don't quite understand what you mean by wired and impossible to relink.
Could you explain it?
When I tested such workaround (in AC 12 BTW - and I did not since) AC with such "illegal" drawing got some kind of performance hickup, it was quite a slowdown to be exact.

As for relinking - when there is a view placed on layout it is possible to link the drawing to another view, while when having such drawing-view placed on plan when clicking relink - relinking to diffrent view is impossible - only external (this behaviour is on plan views)

Best Regards,
Piotr
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!