BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL Object error message: "Numeric type expression required

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an object I made a while back and have never had problems with it, now all of a sudden I'm getting the error message:

"Numeric type expression required at line 4 in the 3D script of file Shelf_16in.gsm"

Does anyone know what this error is, why its occurring and what I can do to fix it?

Here's a screenshot of the 3D script:

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's the object
Anonymous
Not applicable
Vincon

The object you've attached is not the same one having issues in your error message!
The object you have posted works fine though!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kristian wrote:
Vincon

The object you've attached is not the same one having issues in your error message!
The object you have posted works fine though!
Yes it is, what makes you think it's not?
Anonymous
Not applicable
The error message you put in your write up was "Numeric type expression required at line 4 in the 3D script of file Shelf_16in.gsm" and the object you posted is called 1x2 VT.gsm

It wasn't until after I opened 1x2 VT and had no issues with it that I re-read your message and saw the Shelf_16in mentioned.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kristian wrote:
The error message you put in your write up was "Numeric type expression required at line 4 in the 3D script of file Shelf_16in.gsm" and the object you posted is called 1x2 VT.gsm

It wasn't until after I opened 1x2 VT and had no issues with it that I re-read your message and saw the Shelf_16in mentioned.
I guess I'm getting an error with that object too, here's the messgae I get on the object I sent:

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahhh, in that case all it can be is a missing material in 1x2 VT.gsm mate!
It works fine here on my machine but I have material '54'!

Check the .pln you're currently using has that material and it should all work fine!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kristian wrote:

Check the .pln you're currently using has that material and it should all work fine!
Dang, this is bewildering, I have color 54, any other ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Kristian wrote:

Why do you think the color # is the issue here?

What does the color # have to do with a "Numeric type expression required at line 4 in the 3D script "?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmmmmm that is a little odd!

I don't have 11 here to check that it is an 11 issue but it works solidly on 12 & 13. The only other thing I can think it may be is the last status code, the -1.
You only need to use -1 if you're creating holes in the prism!
Try swapping it out for 15 and see if that changes it.

ie
cPRISM_ topMatl, bottomMatl, sideMatl,
5, ZZYZX,
0, 0, 15,
A, 0, 15,
A, B, 15,
0, B, 15,
0, 0, 15
Learn and get certified!