Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD 13 slow

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is anyone else getting super slow update and publishing from legacy jobs (v 10,11,12) in version 13???
We've had a single small residential plan take over 15mins to update drawings when in 12 it takes less than 3mins.
It's getting to a point here where I am about to get our users to abandon 13 completely! It really is that bad!!
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmmm... Very strange! I working in AC13 on much slower hardware and it very fast for me!
So, sheck your videocard for OpenGL 2.0 and DirectX 9 support, maybe problem is here.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I'm having the same problem

Windows 7 64bits
Intel i7 920
&gb RAM
Nvidia fx 1800

Archicad and Artlantis really slow...
Windows 7 has directx above 9... Could it be for that? Doubt it...
Anyone having same problem?
Anonymous
Not applicable
How about extremely show schedules?
  • New standalone file.
    Very simple
    Room schedule taking 6-7+ minutes on a quad core PC - what is going on? Never ever this slow in previous releases.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Guys you should all report these problems to your reseller, possible attach the file so they can be forwarded to GS HQ so they can find the source of the problem and correct it.
I think they would be interested in finding out.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Rick Thompson
Expert
What I have noticed is once you select all the drawings in the Drawing Manager and update them… which updates fine, then the whole everything bogs down. Closing and opening is the only fix. If I don't switching between "sheets", selecting anything… zooming.. (etc) brings up the spinning ball (Mac) for 5 - 10 - 15 sec. or more. I don't seem to get this if I don't update everything in DM, but that I need to do at times. So, yes, something is amiss. I have posted this slow down perviously (less now known specifics) but no one else seemed to be noticing any speed issues. I am glad you posted it and maybe this will help GS be aware it is not isolated.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Laslo

I actually started this post after logging a support item with GS Aus! I hadn't heard back and was starting to lose my patience (and mind) with 13!
GS HQ do now have a copy of one of our problematic files so I'm hoping for technical answers soon!

As soon as I hear from GS I'll share the answers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
ditto
(Kristian)
Brett Brown
Advocate
Apart from the recommended "do not to migrate" which is hard not to do, I am assuming you are both using Cadimage Tools (one is). You could try unloading them (uncheck them in add-on manager) and see if that makes any difference. Would eliminate them as the source of the problem if it doesn't make a difference.
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brett

No Cadimage tools in any of our stuff!!
We even get the issue with no libs loaded at all!!
I've been right thru every way I can think of to pin point the issue but
it's very random!!

As for migrating, we have well over 100 standard residential models in our groups range and not to mention the 1000's of contracts already drawn!
If migrating becomes an issue I doubt very much we will go thru another upgrade!