BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Library content not visible n Teamwork when working offline

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have a problem on two workstations that runs ArchiCAD 13 TW projekts. If they open a project without connection to the BIM server (offline) all libraries are missing. It seems as that they can´t read the library content from the local TW Data folder when they are offline. On my machine it works fine though. We have XP on my machine and XP and Vista where the proble occurs. The problem occurs on any project and independent of the ArchiCAD user. I have checked the path for TW Data under work environment- Special folders and it is ok. We have tried to leave the project, empty the TW Data foler and re-join and then close the project ant then open without connection to the BIM server (by pulling out the network cable) but all libraries are still missing. I have also tried with 'Choose Location' under Work Envirnment -Special folders -Team Work Data folders and created a a new TW Data folder in another location but it does not help. The content in the TW Data folder seems identical on the different machines so writing to the folder seems to work but reading the libraries does not on two out of three clients. Anyone that has an idea what is going wrong?
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's possible that I added the server manually in some way since I started using the TW functionality a month before the other two BUT I do not know how and where this is defined on the client machines (can you help me on that ) I thought that the server name only was defined in the server configuration where the BIM Server is installed.

(I initially had a BIM Server installed locally on my machine to begin with for testing purposes but now I have uninstalled that one and is using the BIM Server the we have on a dedicated server machine)
gkovacsp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I would try the following on one of the non-working-computer:

-Leave the project
-close ArchiCAD
-clean everything from the Local Data folder
-Start ArchiCAD
-Open Teamwork project
-disregard the automatically appearing server on the list, select "Add New server"
-enter the same server name you used on your computer
-pick the project from that server
-join

check for the library issues

The above process makes sure, that the two clients use the very same access route to the server, which ensures, that the links in the project are identical.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Now we have tried following your instructions that but it does not help. The libraries are working fine when ArchiCAD is online but when opening the project while the machine is offline the project itself opens correctly BUT the libraries are missing. The libraries are not found if he connect the network cable and do a S&R, he needs to close and open the project in online mode for the libraries to be found again ).

I've attached a screenshot of the xml files from the newly created TW Data folder I you want to check the content.
gkovacsp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I've asked technical support to look into the case, I'm out of ideas at the moment.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, I hope that they'll come up with something that can direct to a solution I have pasted the first part of the two xml files in the TW Data Folder below since the attachment didn't work. Does this info tell you anything?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <Cache>
<DataVersion>4</DataVersion>
<LoginName>Björn</LoginName>
<UserName>Björn Israelsson</UserName>
<UserId>2351ADE6-62AE-4DE3-9E6B-4009804C3E50</UserId>
<ProjectName>6296 Jörnträ 153 m2</ProjectName>
<ProjectCategoryName>1-planshus</ProjectCategoryName>
<ServerName>phskecad</ServerName>
<Port>9991</Port>
-------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <LibraryCacheFolderWrapper>
<WrapperVersion>1</WrapperVersion>
<ServerUserToFolderSize>2</ServerUserToFolderSize>
- <ServerUserToFolder>
<Server>PHSKECAD</Server>
<User>Björn</User>
<GeneratedFolderName>LIBC</GeneratedFolderName>
</ServerUserToFolder>
- <ServerUserToFolder>
<Server>PHSKECAD</Server>
<User />
<GeneratedFolderName>LIBC_0</GeneratedFolderName>
</ServerUserToFolder>
<LibraryToFolderSize>2</LibraryToFolderSize>
- <LibraryToFolder>
<LibraryName>ArchiCAD Bibliotek 13</LibraryName>
<ServerUserFolder>LIBC</ServerUserFolder>
<GeneratedFolderName>LIBR</GeneratedFolderName>
</LibraryToFolder>
- <LibraryToFolder>
<LibraryName>Plusshus objekt</LibraryName>
<ServerUserFolder>LIBC</ServerUserFolder>
<GeneratedFolderName>LIBR_0</GeneratedFolderName>
</LibraryToFolder>
</LibraryCacheFolderWrapper>
Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem is finally solved. Thanks a bunch for all help on this !!!

It was the server name that was making trouble. I had entered server name manually from my computer while the other two picked it from the list that was automatically generated. When we tried to change the server name on the other one it did not work anyway UNTIL Shaun at Graphisoft realized that we had a difference in capital letters and lowercase on the different machines. What makes it hard is that the dialogue box where you choose or Add new server during login does not mae a difference between capital and lower case whilst the internal workings of ArchiCAD does (maybe room for future improvements?).

So after changing server name to uppercase in Chachinfo.xml the libraries are now working even when the computer is offline!
gkovacsp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I'm glad TechSup was able to help you!
Learn and get certified!