Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

problem!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
it's a couple of weeks that I'm working on a project with ArchiCAD 11. As soon as I started adding windows, when I switch to the 3D window I receive massive error messages claiming missing fills. The popup says:
Fill not foundat line 430 in the 3D script of file Casement_d.gsm
Then I click on the "Continue" botton and hundreds of popups errors keep rising. At first they only where a few, but, going on whit the work, the number is increasing and now I can't even open the 3D window.
I already tried to change the MISSING and EMPTY parameters in the Window settings, as someone suggested in another tread of this forum, but it didn't solve my problem.
The following text is from the report I get instead of the 3D window:
Fill not found
at line 430 in the 3D script of file Casement_d.gsm.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Document name :
Processed : 6 walls 0 objects 0 columns 0 ncBeams
Start time : 07/02/2010 14.39.27
*** User Break ***
End time : 07/02/2010 14.39.30
Elapsed time : 3 seconds
Projection : Perspective
Eye position : -7.43264 -7.27735 12.3518
Direction : 0.441569 -0.690883 -0.572449
Distance : 10.2611 Angle : 75
Start time : 07/02/2010 14.39.30
*** User Break ***
End time : 07/02/2010 14.39.30
Elapsed time : 0 seconds
Any thoughts on this?
Cheers,
Azadeh
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
First go to Options > Work Environments > Imaging & Calculation and turn off the error messages. The "fill not found" error is not critical and may not affect what you are trying to do at all.

To fix the error you will either need to set the window parameters so that all the fills are defined or load the fill the part is looking for.

This has always been a problem but seems to be reported a lot lately. Most of the time it has to do with default fills being deleted or messed about. I wish GS would just define a small set of locked, default fills that the libraries could use without danger of these errors popping up.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the istant reply!
I've disabled the errors and now the 3D window is correctly loaded, so I can work on my project!
Matthew wrote:
To fix the error you will either need to set the window parameters so that all the fills are defined or load the fill the part is looking for.
How do I load a missing fill and why some fills are missing? I'm sure that I didn't delete or mess up any file in the libraries.
Is there an external library that I need to install?
Thanks again,
Azi

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
azinazi wrote:
How do I load a missing fill and why some fills are missing? I'm sure that I didn't delete or mess up any file in the libraries.
Azi:

Fills are attributes of the PLN file, not part of the libraries. See this thread:
Library Parts Not Working Properly

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14