BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Object ID by parameter?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to have the objects ID set based on the parameters of the objects, but the naive GLOB_ID = param doesn't seem to change the ID for the object. I've put it in the master script and the parameter script to no avail.

Can this be done by some other means?
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cleverbeans wrote:
the GDL REQUEST statement is a pain however so I want to avoid it if possible.
Did you try my free Label Everything? download here.
alemanda
Advocate
I never wanted to change the ID from the script ... try to write the code in the master script ...
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Anonymous
Not applicable
Master wrote:
Did you try my free Label Everything? download here.
Ok, so I could build a new parameter and have it label that way, but it doesn't help with the find/select process unfortunately.
Anonymous
Not applicable
For the Find and Select-part you might want to consider creating a schedule. In the scheme settings you can enter Additional Parameters (any parameter from any object) in your Criteria and your Fields.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Master wrote:
For the Find and Select-part you might want to consider creating a schedule. In the scheme settings you can enter Additional Parameters (any parameter from any object) in your Criteria and your Fields.
This it what I'm doing now, it's cumbersome and annoying to have to create a schedule every time I want to find a few elements. I guess I'll have to live with it.
alemanda
Advocate
alemanda wrote:
Yes, I'm quite familiar ... you're right ... the problem is that I should use objects instead of normal tools (wall, columns, slabs, etc) ... and for those objects I should define two parameters, X position and Y posizion in order to chose them as filter in the ID manager ...
is it?
this method doesn't work.
In fact I added the following code

"Parameters posx=symb_pos_x
Parameters posy=symb_pos_y"

into the masterscript of an object.
Activating the autolabel of the object and displaying the position in the floor plan, Archicad shows the correct position.
When I build a schedule filtering and ordering by these two parameters Archicad shows the correct values only the 1st time, when it creats the schedule.
If you move some of these objects into the floor plan, the paramters change but the shcedule doesn't change.

In the pdf file you can see this strange bahaviour.
Win 10 Pro 64bit
www.almadw.it
alemanda
Advocate
In order to make that method working it's needed to update the dimensions of the objects ... In other words, if you move and change the dimensions of the object the schedule is updated correctly concerning that object ... if you only move the object the schedule doesn't change ...
Really Archicad need to execute the code of the object ...
Win 10 Pro 64bit
www.almadw.it
alemanda
Advocate
Master wrote:
No, a regular object cannot detect other objects in it presence.
... but using the glob_user's variable at least some objects can change their behaviour ...
so for example you can build a "master" object with the definition of all the glob_user's variable ... so that other objects can modify their behaviour following the "master" ...
no?

It's a pity that there are few glob_user variables ...
Win 10 Pro 64bit
www.almadw.it
Anonymous
Not applicable
alemanda wrote:
Master wrote:
No, a regular object cannot detect other objects in it presence.
... but using the glob_user's variable at least some objects can change their behaviour ...
so for example you can build a "master" object with the definition of all the glob_user's variable ... so that other objects can modify their behaviour following the "master" ...
no?

It's a pity that there are few glob_user variables ...
If you want more global/shared variables you can write them out to a file that your other parts read.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought of another way to get what you want. You can put all objects into one. You place the object and you can pull the hotspot and then a duplicate can be placed, but is is one object. From this duplicate you can create another duplicate and so on. All are related to one another and you can give them upfollowing ID's. GS did something similair with the object Parking Polyline. Look it up in your library, maybe this approach will do what you want.
Learn and get certified!