Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Trapezoide Niche Object

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to create a Niche Object in ArchiCAD with the sides folding back. As the base object to modify the script I would use the niche object in ArchiCAD Fig01.
Can anybody help me with the script to get something similar done as shown in Fig.02

Any help is greatly appreciated. Many Thanks
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems to be harder than I thought
Joachim Suehlo
Advisor
With WALLNICHE you can define niches with blunt pyramid shapes.
Look at the GDL manual.
An alternative ist to cut out a rectangle and put in 1 or more fill solids.
Joachim Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 13.5 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your respond. Unfortunately, not really helpful. Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also, I am not really concerned about the floor plan but rather the 3D appearance.
Erich
Contributor
I recently wrote the attached object for one of our projects. While I did not clean up everything on this object in terms of the user interface and some of the future features, perhaps it will work for you...
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
vistasp
Advisor
GSNA wrote:
Also, I am not really concerned about the floor plan but rather the 3D appearance.
In such a case, SEO (solid element operations) would also work.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Erich,
Your niche object is almost exactly what I am looking for. I am doubting that I am going to be able to rewrite the script for fixing a couple of things?

Your object will be displayed 100% accurate on the front by selecting the "Use Wall Thickness" ON but it will bump out on the other side. If am changing to OFF and change the value to 2" wall thickness the header is hovering above the sides
Otherwise its perfect. Any ideas?

PS: I am trying to avoid the SEO for a number of reasons. I have approx. 800 precast pieces and multiply each piece with approx. 25 SEO's Its just too much! Plus, if the design changes I have to make sure that I am moving all the operators as well
Erich
Contributor
GSNA wrote:
Your object will be displayed 100% accurate on the front by selecting the "Use Wall Thickness" ON but it will bump out on the other side. If am changing to OFF and change the value to 2" wall thickness the header is hovering above the sides
Otherwise its perfect. Any ideas?
Unfortunately, the variable wall thickness routine is not perfected as you have seen. When I wrote the object, I needed a niche that bumped out the back side of the wall and took on the wall properties. I might get some time this weekend to look at it and but I can't promise anything (I will post it if I am able to get it fixed up).
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Erich,
I still ended up using the SEO. Since I am exporting into Navisworks through IFC the niche object will punch a hole through the wall plus I have a greater flexibility in terms of attaching intelligence to an object than with a wall. Nonetheless, if you are bored over the weekend it would be cool seeing your altered object. Thanks again,

Cheers