Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Layer Name conversion - Editing the XML file

fuzzytnth3
Booster
While the user interface is nice for editing the layer conversion settings. I find it quicker just to copy n' paste as I used to do with previous versions of ArchiCAD's plain text file that contained the dwg/dxf translation settings to set up layer conversion of AutoCAD file names to use our Office Standard layer names.

But I've just tried to edit the the XML file using BBedit to copy and paste all the layer names I want but it hasn't worked like it used to.

Anyone come across this problem and hopefully found a solution? I really don't want to use the UI as I have a lot of layer names to sort out.

tia
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
2 REPLIES 2
fuzzytnth3
Booster
As you were,

Just spotted what I missed, the line before the actual layer conversions reads as follows <LayerConv items="1"> all I needed to do was change 1 to match the number of "items" I had which in this case is 99
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for posting this. Good info.