Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

trace with dark background

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have a problem with the trace and reference with a dark screen background.
we find more relaxing for the eyes using a dark background, especially for drawings of large buildings. With the pen sets, it is very easy to switch.
But we always have the problem with trace and reference of object that have a background (pen -1). Instead of being dark, the background fill of the trace has the trace's color and overlap the cut fill. So you loose all fill's information of the trace. It is even more annoying with slab's cover fill that cover all the trace drawing. Even if I turn the Pen Color Adjustment to automatic in the User Preference Schemes, it does not change anything.
Any solution?

noir.png
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
no problem with light background
clair.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Philippe,

For starters: change your trace color so it does not match your element fill colors.
You can play with density of trace color and also turn trace fills off.
>View >Trace Options >Transparent Fills and Zones. See attached. I prefer going through the second method shown because it brings out a palette where you can change the fill density or just turn trace fills off.
Also you can change the trace fills to original color as opposed to the uniform orange, only you will know if this is better for you.

Snap
Trace.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
snapcrackle wrote:
Philippe,

For starters: change your trace color so it does not match your element fill colors.
this is why a choose orange
snapcrackle wrote:

>View >Trace Options >Transparent Fills and Zones. See attached.
this is the good one, thanks a lot
snapcrackle wrote:
Also you can change the trace fills to original color as opposed to the uniform orange, only you will know if this is better for you.
well, I tried that but this way, you become confusing with the existing storey.