Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

TW2 remotely on a MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard

Kristen
Participant
Hi!
We have teamwork running ok at work (on PC with windows 32-bit). At home I have a MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard and are running AC13 with the latest update. I have no problems taking home and working in a solo project but tried to sign into Teamwork for the first time tonight via a twlink file. As soon as I try to sign in, archicad crashes.
Does anyone know why this is happening?
Cheers
Kristen
Kristen Broberg
AC 23 SWE Full on Windows 10 Pro
HP Zbook 15 G6 32GB
i7-9850H 2,6GHz
Quadro M2200 2GB
www.liljewall.se
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
I assume you did not set up your BIM Server properly for remote access.

See:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Teamwork/BimServerRemoteConnection

You must access the BIM Server via a static external IP address, even from work when libs are shared etc, or via a text domain name. The TWLink file will not work remotely if the server has a local IP address, as the text domain name will be ignored in favor of the IP address which will mean nothing at home.

That and other documents are tedious ... but all steps must be followed to successfully use TW remotely over the internet. Only one omission will prevent success.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Kristen
Participant
We checked all this and the server is installed correctly. I could log into teamwork with my laptop whilst at the office today (within the office network), so I know now that it is not a general problem for MacBook with Snow Leopard, but at archicad still crashes as soon as i choose the twlink file. I have tried changing the hosts when I got home like it says at the bottom of the wiki but it still won't work here. Another colleague has succeeded in signing in remotely so it can't be the settings for the BIM server. This is so frustrating.
Kristen Broberg
HP Zbook 15 G6 32GB
i7-9850H 2,6GHz
Quadro M2200 2GB
www.liljewall.se
Karl Barker
Participant
Just checking, is your ArchiCAD on the BIM server as well as all the machines accessing it of the same build number, i.e. are they all up to date?
We had similar issues with non updated workstations.
Cheers,
Karl Barker.

27" iMac 3.6 Ghz Intel Core i9
32 Gig Ram
Mac OSX 10.14.6
AC 5.5 - AC22 (NZE)
Kristen
Participant
Thanks, Yes they are all up to date.
Kristen Broberg
HP Zbook 15 G6 32GB
i7-9850H 2,6GHz
Quadro M2200 2GB
www.liljewall.se
gkovacsp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
The .twinkle file is not a must to sign in from outside the office.

You can just simply add your server's address from the Server popup instead of using the .twinkle file.

Check it this way to see if it still crashes.

If you've read the Wiki article, then I assume you know, that the server's address must be exactly identical from inside and outside the office. (Still, even if it weren't it is not a reason to crash, it should just stay offline)

(sure it is not .twinkle but .twlink, but this way it is easier to pronounce...)