Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Exporting from Archicad to Excel

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is quite an obscure request, however does V13 have a facility to export to MIcrosoft Excel?
8 REPLIES 8
Barry Kelly
In GDL you can use the Text and Data I/O add-ins to write and read values to/from an Excel workbook.
Is this what you mean or were you meaning images of the plan?
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you generate an Interactive Schedule you can save that as an Excel file.
At least on Windows.
I don't know if Office installed has something to do with it or not because I have Office installed and the save option is there.
I don't know if it is still there if you don't have Office installed.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the replies. Specifically I have a client that wants to be able to generate document transmittals that are generated in AC into Excel. Document transmittal being a list of drawings, current revision, issue type eg:issued for construction. I intended to set the majority of this info using project info and then dedicate a layout to it. The question is.. can this layout be exported as Excel or does it have to be an interactive schedule exported to excel?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I don't think a Layout can be exported to Excel.
The Interactive Schedule can be because it is a tabular arrangement like Excel.
Maybe your should create a View Index or Drawing Index or Layout Index, not an Interactive Schedule.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
Yes a sheet index will be good. The default sheet index in the project map has fields for revision and date that are, I assume, only capable of being completed one by one. Is there a way of introducing Autotext here so that the info can be linked to the Project Info?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I don't think that is possible.
You will be able to list only those fields that are available in the Sheet Index Settings Dialog. Some of these are custom fields but these cannot be filled with AutoText items.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Lazlo. If that is the case then its probably best to work around this by using the layout index and to insert autotext 'over' it to fill in the cells. This way the revision and date can be updated automatically in accordance with Project info. Perhaps its worth a wish to GS as many architects would like automated document transmittals?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, you can make a wish so you can find out how much others would like such a feature implemented.