Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Any Military GDL

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone have GDL U.S. Military vehicles that I can buy? Please respond back by Private Message. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Why do you need native GDL? There are plenty of good military models in the Google Warehouse. If you have access to SketchUp Pro you can export as 3DS. If you need to rotate the tank turrets you can save them separately from the track/chassis. The 3DS import even gives you parts with detailed control over the materials (though it can be a trick figuring out which is which).
Anonymous
Not applicable
With a native GDL, I can load it into Archicad immediately. I bought a hummer DXF and it took about 1 hour to translate into Archicad.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Point taken, but if you can't find them that doesn't help. If you can get 3DS the conversion process is quick.
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
I have M1 Abrams and Jeep Wrangler converted years ago from 3DS meshes.
m1_002.jpg
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
... and Imperial Tiefighter from Star Wars too 🙂
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!