BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Where's that D1 pivot and NanaWall in latest USA lib?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Recently updated my library, cause GS said it was out of date. Just noticed that it doesn't contain the Pivot and Nanwall doors, something we use a lot!

Why was it taken away?

Also, would love some comments on the following:

I get a strange message every time I load libraries.

"Warning! Satellite library is in one of the active libraries."

In our office, we keep the office standards lib. on the server. Its old, has years of accumulated but commonly used parts. Each project has its own custom parts library folder, within its project folder, also on the server.

Each workstation has its own up-to-date(hopefully!) Archicad 13 Library.

Here are the questions:

1. In 13, it seems like the Projects library objects should be Embedded. But do they still reside somewhere as GSMs that can be imported into another project? Should I no longer be saving custom parts into a folder?

2. I've tried to link the Project's library folder as a linked library, but the custom objects within it are not found, even though it is a linked library. I then embed the individual objects (in schematic, so its only one or two; not a problem...yet!) I figure this is not how its supposed to work, but not sure where my mistake is.

3. Embedded objects do not remain embedded after opening AC. After saving and closing. It looses the path to the object and is listed as missing when i open the project in the morning.
7 REPLIES 7
Erika Epstein
Booster
Take a look at this recent post regarding correct way to export embedded library parts.

Regarding the missing pivot and nano doors, you could recover them from an office back up.. I don't think these doors were ever in the US library; I had brought them over from the INT version.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
erika

where do you get the international library?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are there any AC13 INT downloads like these AC12 from archicad wiki?

... and another thing - the Nanawall site has revit + sketchup but no AC. If AC doors exist shouldn't they be there?
Karl Ottenstein
It is interesting that the Nana-like door, called the "D1 Sliding Folding Multipanel" is listed in the AC 14 Reference Guide New Features section as something new, but indeed, this library part is not included in the US library despite demand for it for many years. See attached image from page 68 of the English language Reference Guide.

Similarly, the New Feature list says that there are new Shutter types, including Rolling Shutter, also long available in Germany and asked for in the US ... but these are not in the US 14 library either.

No tilt-turn windows in the US library yet either.

Just realized that this thread was about AC 13 and before ... but same old problem. 😞
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Stuart Smith
Booster
Karl, or anybody for that matter: Any idea why these parts are not included in the US version? It seems like they've been a part of the INT version (which is in English, correct) for some time?

We actually have a project currently in design that is using a NanaWall-like system, so it would be nice to have.

In the past we've had to make a custom door panel and draw the opening lines on the floor plan in 2D. Not really very BIM-ish.
v26 3010 USA
MacOS 12.6
AC user since 8.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stuart wrote:
Karl, or anybody for that matter: Any idea why these parts are not included in the US version? It seems like they've been a part of the INT version (which is in English, correct) for some time?

We actually have a project currently in design that is using a NanaWall-like system, so it would be nice to have.

In the past we've had to make a custom door panel and draw the opening lines on the floor plan in 2D. Not really very BIM-ish.
Seems like we're getting screwed on this.... I use these stacking bi-folds or sliders on almost every project. Even if they are going to keep them out of the US library - at least give us access to the international library!
Karl Ottenstein
See:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php?browse=Depository/08%20Doors-Windows/Doors
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!