Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dynamic Layout

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello All,

I am now facing a real challenge here. I want to implement a dynamic feature into the site layout drawn in Archicad.

For example-

I am drawing a layout 500'x400'. I have 6 pads for the buildings. 3 on one side and 3 on the other. These are separated by passage say a road. So that means 3 pads on each side of the road. Being said that I have drawn the layout with layout dimensions, pad dimensions, spacing between the pads, offset from boundaries of layout, offset from road and finally the road width. Now I consider all these as variables.

Is there any way I can integrate these variable to the layout so that when I change the variables, layout change accordingly. This is what I meant from dynamic capability. This will help me to avoid manually change the layout each time to attain an optimized design and use this accordingly to different bye laws which have their own offsets and etc. I am looking for help to develop a mechanism which can be integrated into archicad. (like excel and archicad together or any other options or plugins)

If archicad cannot support these, how can I do it? Is there any other options available for me? I am only 6 years into architecture. Here their are lot of guys with tons of exp... Your help, advise and suggestions will be valuable...

Thank you all in advance...

Vineeth S Nair
1 REPLY 1
Erika Epstein
Booster
Interesting problem.

You could write a library part that has all these variables coded parametrically.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"